• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank screen appearing during full motion in Captivate 3

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to record a demo using a website, and when I move the scroll bar to scroll down on the site, the animation is captured.  But when I go to preview the animation once the slides are made, the screen goes white.  I've tried to shrink down the size of the site so it's smaller.  I'm not sure what to do.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The issue you describe is stated in the sticky post titled "Frequently Encountered Issues". I'm guessing you overlooked it?

Click image to view larger.

tmp1.png

Here is a link to the post pointed out.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing there Rick, I have been having this problem for a few days now and searching this forum for the last hour.  Can you please post a link to the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I believe what you are looking for is item number 7.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I think my eyes skipped over that FAQ because my problem goes beyond the blank screen and is not limited to just preview mode.  The attached screenshot was captured from a published Captivate 4 recording.  As you can see even from the thumbnail, the transition is blocky when scrolling a web page.  I do get the "all white" slides on occasion too, but the blockyness is just as prevalent.  I also see a similar blocky effect with a drag and drop animation.

I'm using Windows XP, and have tried Firefox, Chrome and IE.

captivate_problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markeyre,

What is your project dimension?

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish,

I don't understand your question, what do you mean by "project dimension?"

The point of my project is to demonstrate the functionality of a web based application, but when I try to scroll a web page I get the blocky transition illustrated in my screenshot above (in preview mode as well as a published project). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Markeyre,

By project dimension I meant, the project's width and height in pixels. You can find this in the publish dialog:

qw.PNG

-Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish-

My project's dimensions are 1700X1024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Markeyre,

Captivate 3 and Captivate 4 do not support FMR for such large project dimensions. This is the reason you are facing your issue.

This limitation is fixed in Adobe Captivate 5. You can download the trial version and try this workflow.

-Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2009 Aug 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full motion capturing in C3 is awful.  Avoid it like the plague.  At best you get a 1-pixel X/Y shift along with color fade.  At worst you get what you're seeing.  My solution is to turn off Full Motion capture.  Then Print Screen before you scroll, click the scroll button or the scroll bar to capture a mouse click, scroll the screen down go where you want it and Print Screen again to get a clean capture.

During your demo, your users see the before-scroll view, a mouse click, and an after-scroll view.  You reallly want to emulate the app behaviors, I think, rather than slavishly replicate them. Does that make sense?

Leslie Bivens

E-Learning Developer/Captivate Coach

leslie@lesliebivens.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider using what Scout's Mom has suggested again.  It's a good workaround.  You might could also use Page Down instead of clicking, if you're opposed to using mouse clicks.

Is it possible for you to try this instead of trying to navigate the treacherous waters of FMR in Cp3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources