Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFTP error with Proxy

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to use cfftp to send csv files to our web host. To access the site I need to use a proxy and this seems to stop this from working.

The error that is thrown is

Error: No route to host: connect.

I have tried the same connection through ftp software on the same machine and the connection works through the proxy.

Any ideas why this would happen just through the cfftp?

I notice that the proxyserver setting in the tag doesn't indicate whether to specify a port as well but I have tried with and without in the string and still get the same errors.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Peter

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2010 Jul 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look like a networking issue. Try using IP addresses instead of hostnames. If that doesn't work:

1. Can you show us the code?

2. What is the IP address of the proxy server?

3. Can you show the route map of the ColdFusion server? On Windows that is "route print" and on Linux that is "netstat -r" (both from the cmmand line).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jochem,

Thanks for the response. To cover each of your questions in turn:

1. I have tried both IP and address but with no success. I have also tried both through CoreFTP with no issues.

2. The proxy server is within our parent companies WAN. I have tried with port 1080 within the string and without.

3. What would you like to know regarding the Route Print - don't really want to print my ip's if possible.

The codes I am using is as follows:

<cfftp connection = "myConnection1"

username = "username"

password = "password"

server = "ip"

action = "open"

stopOnError = "Yes" passive="true"

proxyserver="proxy:1080" timeout="300">

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

peterdoyle wrote:

1. I have tried both IP and address but with no success. I have also tried both through CoreFTP with no issues.

Did you run CoreFTP from your local computer or from the CF server? Have you restarted CF recently (to flush the DNS cache)?

2. The proxy server is within our parent companies WAN. I have tried with port 1080 within the string and without.

Can you see where it tries to connect if you run a packetsniffer (such as Wireshark) on your CF server?

3. What would you like to know regarding the Route Print - don't really want to print my ip's if possible.

The whole route table and the IP addresses of the proxy server and the destination server.

Is there any message in the log of the proxy erver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation