Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extracting pages from form

Level 2

I have a multiple page form (4 forms built into one)  that once I try to extract a single part I loose all of the from filling capabilities. Is there a way to keep that when you extract a page. Also along the same line- is there a way to extract a pre set single page (usable) with the print button?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Extracting pages from a form and keeping them interactive (usable) is not doable because of cross page dependancies and reliance on root subform containers.

I assume you are doing this after the form is filled in. If the form is an XFA form then you coudl extract the data, manipulate the base form to pull out a blank page, then remerge the data back onto the form (single page). This would involve lots of code (not javascript in the PDF) - XML manipulation.  If you are not code savvy then I woudl not even attempt it.

Paul

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Extracting pages from a form and keeping them interactive (usable) is not doable because of cross page dependancies and reliance on root subform containers.

I assume you are doing this after the form is filled in. If the form is an XFA form then you coudl extract the data, manipulate the base form to pull out a blank page, then remerge the data back onto the form (single page). This would involve lots of code (not javascript in the PDF) - XML manipulation.  If you are not code savvy then I woudl not even attempt it.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks Paul,

I'm not code savvy at all so I've left it as is. I do have another question though, can I lock a page with a password within the form?

Thanks,

Robin

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Former Community Member

There is a password mechanism to open th eentire form but it does not filter down to a page by page level. If you describe your use case a little better I might be able to come up with a different solution.

Paul

Level 2

Within the form there is a billing sheet that we would like to at least password protect since the form has to travel as one piece to different vendors.

Robin

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Former Community Member

Protect how .....do you not want then to see it or make changes to it .....what do you mean

by protect?

Paul

Level 2

We don’t want them to see our pricing within the form or the entire page if possible.

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Former Community Member

Then I woudl change the presence of th epage to hidden exclude from layout by default and then add a button to the form where you can use an app.response which will allow you to enter a password and if they enter the right password then you can change the presence to visible. Not the most secure thing in the world but better than nothing.

Paul

Level 2

You are right that sounds better than nothing, is there info about this in the 'Help' or can you direct me how to do this?

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Former Community Member

It is pretty straight forward ......I am leaving on vacation so I cannot help you until next week. Maybe  someone else from th eforum can step in and help out.

Paul

Level 10

Take a look at this. This should be a good start.

Jasmin

Level 2

Was there something supposed to be attached?

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Level 10

Don't you see the ProtectWithPassword.pdf (77.2 K) document attached to the previous post?

Jasmin

Level 2

No I didn't, but thank you! Robin

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Former Community Member

I saw the PDF you posted, but it had "Page1" and two buttons on it.  Not knowing the password (password and test didn't work) I can't find any use for it revelant to this discussion.

So what's the password? <g>

Level 10

The password is "password".

Just open it with LiveCycle Form Designer and you'll see the code.

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi Jasmin,

I copied and placed the two buttons into my document and re-set the page in 'Hide' to page 4 in the script.

I checked the PDF and page 4 was still there?

Help! Thanks,

Robin

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Level 10

Make sure to save your form as a dynamic pdf.

Jasmin

Level 2

I did, still not hiding the page...

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

Level 10

Are you using PDF Preview or stand alone Acrobat to test?

Try to use stand alone Acrobat. The PDF Preview could still be configured to render a static pdf even if you save as dynamic pdf.

If that still doesn't work, attach your pdf and I'll have a look.

Jasmin

Level 2

Hi Jasmin,

I still can't get the file to hide page 4 (Sheridan Dynamic Edition Billing New Issue Work Order) in this document. Please let me know what I did incorrectly.

Thanks,

Robin

Robin Kramer

Technical Representative

Dartmouth Printing Co.

603.643.2220 ext 291

603.643.5479 fax

rkramer@dpc-nh.com

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----