• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Future of Presenter?

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2010 Feb 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Presenter 7.05 is a product with a lot of promise, and I really want to use it to develop a lot of training materials.  However, I'm disappointed by its unreliability, and the apparent lack of interest shown by Adobe.

So my question is, does Adobe plan to improve Presenter in the future?  Or is it going to be allowed to just die due to lack of interest.  I'd really like to know, before I invest a lot of time and money into committing to using it.

If there's someone from Adobe reading this forum, I'd really like a response.

Thanks,

RW

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2010 Feb 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RW

While some forums see Adobe employees that visit, you cannot count on this. If you really want to gain the ear of Adobe, you need to use the channel they are listening to. That channel is the Wish Form/Bug Report. Anything submitted via that channel is seen by Adobe employees. Generally speaking, this means the development team for the product you are reporting on.

To open the Wish Form/Bug Report (same form, just an option to choose whether you are reporting a bug or expressing a wish) visit:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You both have my ear I'd be happy to provide more information. Let me see what I can gather and I'll let you know. I do know we have upgraded versions coming up.

Have you checked out www.connectusers.com yet? We have lots of Presenter information on there.

Talk to you soon.

matt rock | Technical Response Team, Connect |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2010 Jul 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mrock66 wrote:

You both have my ear   I'd be happy to provide more information.  Let me see what I can gather and I'll let you know.  I do know we have upgraded versions coming up.

Have you checked out www.connectusers.com yet?  We have lots of Presenter information on there.

Talk to you soon.

matt rock  |  Technical Response Team, Connect  |

So, Matt, it's been 5 months -- is that "soon" enough?  What have you discovered?  I've been working on a Presenter project for some time now, and I'm very disappointed in its reliability.  The project has taken many times longer than estimated due to Presenter losing audio, locking up, corrupting audio, forgetting click points, etc.  It's been a very frustrating experience.

Like I said earlier, it shows a lot of promise, but I cannot in any conscience recommend it to my team in its current state.

Please get back to me with some answers about Presenter's future.

Thanks,

Robin Wiley

Senior Instructor

IBM WebSphere Education

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in as interested in the answer, too. We chose Presenter for our corporate e-learning platform for its simplicity and integration in PowerPoint — but wonder if Adobe is more committed to Captivate and less so about Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2010 Feb 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me Presenter is a God's send, I hate to see it go after spending a lot of time trying to learn it.

If possible I would like to know more about Captivate vs Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources