• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I download other language versions?

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I am working on a Chinese OS, the downloader automatically downloads a Chinese language version of Digital Edition without offering the user a choice. I prefer however to work with the English software, so how can I download an English language version???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, ADE always uses the OS language to determine which language to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that answers the question, though it is an answer neither the OP nor I were hoping for.  Oddly, I have 3 computers with non-English Windows XP as the OS and the one I installed first just happens to run Digital Editions in English.  I wonder if the key is that I had downloaded that first one before creating the Adobe account.

Other s/w manufacturers let you choose a language version and Adobe appears to do the same, with the 'change country' thing at the top, but it doesn't allow one to change the s/w language.  Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use vistalizator (win7-x64), the language I wanted was spanish but ADE was displaying in english. To get it to change you go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options. Whatever is selected under Default Input Language is what ADE decides to use. Mine was set to English United States, now it is Español United States. Its a hack to get ADE to work until they start putting the language option into a configuration file to us to change manually (like all other programs do!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2012 Oct 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My OS was in a different language than what ADE displayed. Its not the OS language, it's the Regional Setting. I can set the default input language to any place in the world and whatever its set to (and ADE can display) it will use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines