Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Neospeech voices download--Captivate 4 purchased version

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I purchased Captivate 4 last year, and now I have the need to use the text-to-speech feature. But it says I need to download the voices. Where on your website is this link? I've seen numerous outdated references to a link that USED to be on the main captivate product page, but is no longer there. This is getting very frustrating. Will someone please let me know where can I download this functionality?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, but I actually already watched your movie before I posted my question :-). The link that it shows no longer exists. That page now only has the download for Captivate 5, unless I'm just blind. Thanks for trying to help me though.   I suspect Adobe has accidentally removed the link or further buried it. Hello, Adobe? Where is this link???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I did find a download for the neospeech voices for Captivate 5--but they do not work for Captivate 4. I need the voices for Captivate 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

And I'm guessing you failed to notice the addendum below the link to the movie where I linked to a post where Mukul (I believe) posted the link to the voices for 4?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick, thanks again for your help. Do you mean this addendum?

Since version 5 has been announced, the location of the Text To Speech install file has changed. Click here to view the thread containing a link to the new location.

If that is what you are referring to, then yes, I saw it, but that link installs the installer for the voices and is looking for Captivate 5, so it doesn't work for 4. Or are you referring to another link?

Thanks again,

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel

Sorry about that. The link was inserted there before Captivate 5 was released and at least USED to point to the install for the 4 voices.

I'll poke around on my own setup and see if I can resurrect the download. If I find it, I'll upload to Acrobat.com and post the link.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel

Good news and bad news here. First, the good news! I found the install file for 4 on my other PC. Now the bad. I zipped it and attempted to upload to Acrobat.com but they have a 100 meg size limit.

I looked at other sites such as TransferBigFiles.com and YouSendIt and they too have 100 megs limit.

The file is about 450 megs. If you can provide me with an FTP location and needed creds I'll be happy to try FTP'ing the file to you. As I imagine that you wouldn't want this information out where John Q. Public can view it, you may send to my E-Mail address: rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick, I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't have an FTP location I can

use for this. We actually use yousendit for stuff like this. I'm puzzled as to

why Adobe does not provide this file on their site--I'm hoping they will fix

this.

Thanks again,

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel:

I was able to set up an FTP page on one of my domains, and I got the download from Rick.

If you'll provide me an email address, I'll send you the credentials to log into the FTP page and get the download.

Thanks for starting this string, because I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get this install because of Cap5 being out and overriding all the Cap4 links.

Faydra...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joel:

I don't actually think it's "broken." I think the idea is to encourage you to upgrade to Captivate 5 by totally removing your ability to get at the Captivate 4 resources.

What usually happens, though, is some of us get more frustrated than motivated to spend more money. I'm not ready to invest in Captivate 5 yet, and I was a little incensed that I couldn't you my current product to its fullest capability.

When I saw that Rick was offering to provide the file, however, that made me a lot less annoyed with Adobe.

Faydra...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Faydra, I sent you a private message with my email address. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up calling Adobe tech support, and they gave me the file. So I'm all set now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't have any idea where to find the speech to text feature in captivate 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2010 Jul 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex

Do you have FTP capabilities? If so, shoot me a private E-Mail message with some FTP info and I'll be happy to share the file with you as well.

rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick - Sory to jump on the boat but I really need that Captivate 4 neospeech installer too. I tried the ones for Captivate 5 and not surprisingly I guess, they didn't work. Can I send you an email as well? I do have an FTP server you could put it on.

Thanks for your help in this. I was getting really frustrated with circular paths on adobe.com trying to find this thing.

Sarah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sarah

Happy to do it. I have a few open windows of time today. So if you send the FTP details to my personal email at rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com I'll try to get the upload going. I'm just about to begin facilitation of a class but should be able to try it during the lunch break that will occur at 11:30 cdt.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I also was on the hunt for these neospeech files and ran across this excellent thread. I sent you an email with my FTP access info if you would please UL to me as well, I would be deeply grateful !

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick:

I appreciate you providing the download to me.

I'm pulling it off my FTP page now.

Faydra...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the NeoSpeech software for CP4 on my server. You can download it here: http://files.me.com/iconlogic/fgszqc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this.  I've been looking for days for this Captivate 4 add-in.  At least this community takes care of one another.  Adobe sure doesn't take care of their customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One last question: I got the neospeech installer and it's working but I thought I'd read that there were French and German voices included but I only can choose from Kate and Paul (English). Anyone know if there are localized voices in those languages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's only for Captivate 5, which comes with the Loquendo voices (British English, German, and French) in addition to Kate and Paul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU ICONLOGIC! Adobe...YOU SUCK.I was in a pinch and needed you a**hats to support your product and you didn't. Makes me think again about buying your products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm sure your intent was for Adobe to see your comments. You should know that Adobe doesn't monitor these forums with bated breath searching for comments such as yours. If you *REALLY* want Adobe to see your comments, you need to broadcast them on the channel they are tuned to and monitoring. That channel is called the Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form. Link to the form is in my sig.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources