• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code hint dialog doesn't appear at first request (but at second)

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello staff,

is there already a bug filed for this?

The problem is that in certain situation the code hint popup does not appear at the first CTRL-Space key press. A black bar flickers across the screen, and then when you hit CTRL-Space a second time it appears.

I noticed this is very reproducable after code hinting just completed a function name and you want to input a local parameter via another code hint.

Hope this makes sense

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason, Anirudh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you help us out by recording a screen capture and filing a bug? I haven't seen this problem.

Jason San Jose

Software Engineer, Flash Builder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. What tool would I use best to record that capture?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Jing http://www.jingproject.com/.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason

I did record a screencast, however it doesn't show the flicker that occurs on the screen and is without audio. Hopefully it still makes sense.

Code completion fails after I used the completion to fill in the function name. Hitting CTRL-Space afterwards doesn't show the code hint, but just a black bar flickering across the screen (not visible in recording). A second time hitting it does show it then. This is a bit tricky to see in the screencast.

Err.. How to I upload a SWF file?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will file a bug.

I think there should be some kind of reward for putting so much time into this product.

So far I have just filed a bunch of bugs, all of those got deferred, no update in sight and paid $400 for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Tom. We'll follow up in the bug.

Jason San Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate a bit more, why do think it is a bug?

I watched screencast, tried it personally, the behaviour of CTRL+Space code hinting feature works as I would expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its a bug because I have to press CTRL-Space twice to get the code hinting popup.

This is very consistent, and 100% reproducable. It still happens in 4.0.1 and in every project I have. As you can see in the screencast it happens in a newly created project, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, I see.

I misunderstood 2 natures of popups bubblles - code hinting popup (code assist feature) and function parameter hinting tooltip.

IMHO, what you've encountered  undeniably is a bug, will vote and will bring on more public attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am talking about the "code hinting popup". Thanks for advancing this annoying bug..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines