• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 Search results - can sort by title be for all found?

Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Search capabilities of RH8 are impressive.  However, we have popular searches where the results could be 50 topics and our users are used to looking for the desired file by alphabetical order.  Now results are limited to 10 per screen and clicking 'title' just sorts the 10 displayed.  Rank is not helping them in this case.

Is there a way to get more than 10 to a results screen....or to sort 'all found' in alphabetical order?

Thank you for suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teri.

I can tell you how you can get more than 10 to a result screen:

- In the folder of the generated WebHelp, open the file "whform.js" (I'm doing it with MS Visual Studio 2008);

- Click "Ctrl + f" to open the search window;

- Search the line "var gnMaxRslt = 10";

- Overwrite "10" with the number you want (I think 99 is the maximum)

- Save the file

- Open your project, and it should work.

Attention: do not generate the project, because this line you just altered will be overwritten again with the standard number (maybe this can be overruled somehow, but I don't know how).

Hope this helps!

Greetings,

Kurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2010 Aug 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kurt,

Turns out that if you generate with Skins, the user then gets a field on the Search panel that allows them to chose how many results to display - 1-99 and that's incredibly popular since each person is in control.  Its just not documented well that you need to use the Skins feature to get this.

Thanks for replying - have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp