• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing - request for Help workshop 1.4

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just got a new laptop running Windows 7.  Have reinstalled RoboHelp 6 but when installing was told that I needed to download MS Help Workshop 1.4 (or something like that).

When I try to open RoboHelp it won't open (except for RoboHelp Starter) and neither can I open it by trying to reopen an existing project.

Apparently the latest Help download is 1.32, but when I install I'm told by Windows that I already have a  later version on my computer.

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the two are connected.

The help compiler issue is covered in Snippet 127.

Rick may be able to help you on the Windows 7 question as I believe he has installed various versions on that platform. Right now I believe he is training so sit tight.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I don't believe you will be very successful making RoboHelp 6 work on Windows 7. Not in the native Windows 7 mode.

If you have the Professional or Ultimate version of Windows 7 you may download and install the Microsoft Virtual Machine with XP Mode and install that on Windows 7. This is intended to allow older applications that may experience issues working with Windows 7 to run inside a Windows Virtual Machine. I'm running the VM and have RoboHelp X5, 6 and 7 in my VM. RoboHelp 8 seems to run fine in Windows 7 so I have it installed in the native Windows 7 environment.

Note that if you are using Windows 7 Home Premium the VM is not available and will not work for you. The prerequisite is to install Professional or Ultimate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp