Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skin import/export and XML issue? Cp5

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I have to say I'm feeling rather stupid posting again and again -- there is a team of us working from a central repository and due to deadlines, we had a couple of projects started before we finalised a template.

Now that we have a template, it seems extremely difficult to apply the designed skin onto the existing project. Even though I saved the template skin, I could not find it's source file and none of the export fundtions actually facilitates the skin definitions.

I tried opening the project on the machine on  which the skin was designed assuming I could choose it from the drop  down selection - but - alas - even though it was saved, it was no where  on that list.

By pure fluke, I had the template and the working project open at the same time and found out I could then - and only then - choose the skin from the template when changing skin settings for the proejct.

Is this how it's meant to happen, or am I missing something huge?....

Also - having attempted a number of times to export settings via XML and re-importing them straight back in (on the same machine using the same template/project file), the importing of the XML file fails every single time.

I wouldn't mind attaching it in case it needs reviewing, however, I did not edit/reqrite anything from it's Captivate output, nor can I find a means of attaching files to this forum....

Not my day, is it?!

Thanks for your help, shani.

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The skin gets saved in the preferences folder.

If you have created a custom skin and saved it, then it will be saved as .ini file in the Captivate Preferences folder.

(C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Captivate 5\Themes assuming you have installed captivate in C:\ directory)

Each time captivate launches, it retrieves all the saved skins from this folder.

So, if there is any custom saved skin then it should get listed in the Skin Editor >> Skin drop down irrespective of the project in which it was created.

Regards,

Vikranth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources