Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7: Project only showing Times New Roman in fonts dropdown

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having trouble with a project that was just fine a few weeks ago. At the moment, the only option in the font selection dropdown is "Times New Roman"... a lovely font, but we write our documentation in Arial, so we kinda need that At the moment we can't select any other font for our documents, only TNR.

I'm not very experienced with RH, but I have checked the stylesheet (seems linked correctly and the contents are the same as the stylesheets for the projects that don't have any problems), the templates seem ok too... I'm stumped.

Other things that are happening (seemingly at random):

- new topics are created without an associated stylesheet

- new topics have TNR size 12 as default font (our templates have Arial 9)

- old topics open without a stylesheet; adding in the required HTML code for the stylesheet doesn't seem to help.

All these happened on my coworker's PC, I can't replicate them on mine. Either way, on both our PCs the only font showing is TNR.

This might be important: the projects were recently added to Robo SourceControl. Can this be related to that?

I'd appreciate any help, especially since we've got a big release coming up next week and all documentation needs to be in top shape by then

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

I replicated this issue by deleting the rhfontset.apj file from a test project (and deleting the cpd). Theoretically you should just be able to copy the file from one of the sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess then the first question is if you go back to a version before you started using source control, does that have the same problem?

Then what about the supplied sample projects, same problem there?

You will find the samples at

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\Samples\en_US

or

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML\Samples\en_US

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replicated this issue by deleting the rhfontset.apj file from a test project (and deleting the cpd). Theoretically you should just be able to copy the file from one of the sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Amebr, that fixed it! I did have a rhfontset file, but it was noticeably smaller than the other (~100 bytes vs 5-12 kb), so I replaced it with another project's file, deleted the .cpd and now it's working!

(I had tried to get a previous version of the project, from before source control, but it looks like the file was already broken before we added it.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp