• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does the Tech Comm Suite work differently/better then adding separate components?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CS4 everyday which includes Illustrator,  Photoshop extended, InDesign, Dreamwearver and Flash. I now have a need to convert FrameMaker files into HTML and to create Help files using RoboHelp and Captivate. Do I need to get the Tech Comm Suite 2 or can I just add the RoboHelp and Captivate components and upgrade my FrameMaker to version 9? What works better and what is more cost efffective?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

You would need to get the TCS2 to get the integration between FM, RH & Captivate because the standalone versions don't link together (you only can import), but I'm not sure about the overlap with CS4 - have you checked with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to get the TCS2 to get the integration between FM, RH & Captivate because the standalone versions don't link together (you only can import), but I'm not sure about the overlap with CS4 - have you checked with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff for the information about importing not linking outside of the suite. I do want to link to the FrameMaker source file.

I will have to check with Sales at Abode to see about the intregration with or upgrade price available for adding Tech Comm suite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp