• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If you are having problems with flash 10.1 on Windows in IE and FF read on....

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2010 Jul 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are having problems with flash 10.1 on Windows in IE and FF read on....

These instructions will let you revert to the latest 10.0 release prior to 10.1 which introduced lots of problems for IE and FF users of flash based websites.

The solution advocates using V10.0 which apparently has some security flaws, but until Adobe get 10.1 working properly for everyone, this solution will at least get you up and running - it worked for me.

Note if you use both IE and FF combine the uninstall steps in one go before you reboot.

In IE

1. Make sure Flash player 10.1 is fully uninstalled.

Shut down all instances of IE and any MSN Messenger tools

Use Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to uninstall Flash Player Active X

Just to be sure - download the uninstaller again otherwise you will get this problem when you try and install an older version http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402435.html

The uninstaller can be found here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Reboot your PC

2. Download the Version 10 flash player 10 archive from here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

3. Extract the files and Install version 10.0.45.2 (flashplayer10r45_2_winax.exe)

In FF

1. Make sure you have FF 3.6.6

Use Control Panel Add/Remove Programs to uninstall Flash Player Plugin

Just to be sure - download the uninstaller again.The uninstaller can be found here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Reboot your PC

2. Download the Version 10 flash player 10 archive from here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

3. Extract the files and Install version 10.0.45.2 (flashplayer10r45_2_win.exe) (Note the different filename to the activex version)

Hope it works for you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Flash, Just some info to correct yours. First, not everyone is having a problem with FP 10.1 and there are solutions and reverting to FP 10.0 would not be the first choice. If that was for you, that's fine. If you would read the many many threads here, you would find correct information for users that want to revert back to FP10.

Also may I suggest you read up on Firefox version 3.6.6 as this is involved sometimes with FP 10.1.

Lastly, I think it is always better to find out what a user's issues are before offering a solution. Reverting back to FP 10.0 is not for everyone that is having a problem nor should it be.

If your instructions solved whatever problem you were having, that's great. However, to recommend this to other users that come here for help without knowing what their problems are may not be the best advice, in my opinion.

There are many other details in the Uninstall Instructions and also the Install Instructions that need to be followed.

That is why it is better for each user to have their own thread and receive help for their individual issues. This is also based on their computer system configuration.

Believe me, if there was one fix for all FP 10.1 or any other version issues, it would be posted

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went from extremely smooth 1080p Youtube playback in Flash Player 10 to EXTREMELY choppy 1080p Youtube playback in Flash Player 10.1.

I have just reverted back to Flash Player 10 and am enjoying smooth videos once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thanks so much for this I was having problems with a game that did not recognize 10.1 and the developer has made a patch, it will work with 10. I am satisfied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, every youtube video was choppy for me, downgraded and it seemed to resolve this problem, i have been having this issue for 2 weeks!.

Hopefully Adobe addresses this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines