Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 CSS Design Mode

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to know why CSS Design mode was removed from Flash Builder 4?

I am a Design/Developer so it was much easier for me to use CSS in Design mode.

What are my options? Is there any other tools for visual editing CSS for a Flex application?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No body from adobe to talk about this?

I find it at least weird that a new version of a software has less features than the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn´t notice that when I apply directly a style to a component Flash Builder open the css file in design mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fernando, sorry for the delayed response.  CSS Design Mode is not available for Flex 4 projects, but it is still available in Flex 3 projects.  The reason for this is that designing components in Flex 4 is often a lot different, since it relies highly on the new spark skinning architecture.  There is, however, an Appearance panel available in design view which supplies a set of the main inheriting styles. Setting these styles in the Appearance panel will result in assigning values to a global style selector.

I hope this helps,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2010 Aug 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found it really weired, not only designers but programmers do also need it as nobody can remember thousands of properties to write them in the code. Design Mode allows to use basic level properties to be edited without remembering their name. It was easy and quick with Flex 3. We need it in Flash Builder 4 as well.

Hope someone from Adobe will listen to it and develop it in the next version.

Thanks

Ankur Arora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines