Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with decoding barcode within a process.

Level 2

Hello.I have a process of decoding barcodes.

BorcodeDecode.JPG

I have 3 examples of barcodes (the inforrmation encoded in several barcodes(from 2 to 5) ), this process decodes one of them  just fine(3 barcodes on the page), and during decoding  two others some problems occur : after "Decode" of 2nd barcode (5 barcodes on the page) process returns the number of barcodes = 2 (but there are 5 !!!).So it doesn't recognize all the barcodes.After  "decode" of 3rd barcode the process retruns "null" number of barcodes(there are 2 ).

How am i making a barcode :i am encoding it manually (using scripts) .I manually create an XML with all data from the form i need, then i cut the hole XML into several litlle ones(which not exceed the capacity of one barcode ), and each of little XMLs i encode in barcode.(If needed , barcodes dynamically add one by one to store all the content ).

The aim of the process is to recognize all the barcodes , return some XML data from each of them and then to concat all pieces into one big XML, we needed.

I can send an email with  *.tiff barcode examples and the *.lca of the process.(Don't know how to attach it to the topic).

1.How can i fix something to make my process work with all these barcodes?

2.Am i do these things correct ? in the "get Number of Borcodes" i wrote /process_data/@count = count(/process_data/xmlData//content)  Is it correct way  to count number of <xb:content> elements in returned XML after "Decode" operation?

And in the  "receive part of XML data from Barcode"  /process_data/@tmpXML = /process_data/xmlData/descendant::content[position()=/process_data/@i]/text()
Is it correct to use such an expression to choose part of information ,encoded in barcodes ,from XML we received after "Decode"?

Thank you.

11 Replies

Former Community Member

Please email stwalker.adobe@gmail.com with the attachments and I will take a look.

Steve

Former Community Member

I am unable to decode the barcodes on the .tif images using my hand-held. How are you creating the .tif images?

Getting the barcode count is a bit messy I must admit. Here is a sample of a Set Value I use after I Decode.

Untitled.png

1. serialize the output from the Decoding service to a string called 'barcodeStr'. I use the variable 'outXml' of type 'xml' for the output from the Decoding service rather than a variable of type 'document' as prescribed by the service
  2. deserialize 'barcodeStr' to a variable of type 'xml' called 'barcodeXml'
  3. get the count of the 'barcode' nodes and assign it to the variable 'barcodeCnt' of type 'int'

Steve

Level 2

None of the barcodes? The main problem is somewhere in Decode operation, because it can not recognize all the barcodes on the page.

This process can recognize and correct decode only ZgrPassport.tif from these 3 i sent.But there is a programm bcTester http://www.bctester.de/en/index.htm and it can recognize correct all 3 barcodes and decode all data!!!  At the moment i am specifying the method of producing  *.tif files (it wasn't me ,who created these files).

Did you try to decode barcodes using the process? If i understand correctly, you have tried to decode these barcodes using some hand-held decoder device and nothing  turned out?

Thank you for remark about Set Value.

Former Community Member

As a rule of thumb, if my hand-held cannot decode a barcode the Decoding service cannot either. However, I will test the Decoding service now.

Steve

Former Community Member

I am using LC 9.0 SP1 and the Decoding service can decode ZgrPassport.tiff and MID_ZGPS_2D_R_025_2_TEST.tiff. It cannot decode MFC_Vologda_Veteran-truda_2D_R_00.07.tif, however.

Can you send me the decoded output from MFC_Vologda_Veteran-truda_2D_R_00.07.tif that was created by the tool?

Steve

Level 2

Did the process find all 5 barcodes in MID_ZGPS_2D_R_025_2_TEST.tiff ? When I decode it, the process finds only 2 of 5 barcodes and decode only these two.

This is XML of the 3rd *.tif file from the tool:

The tool cannot recognize Russian letters, so there are strange symbols there.

Level 2

Information about *.tif generation : all  *.tif files were made with help of Microsoft Office Document Image Writer.

Level 2

Hello, Steve.

Is there any progress in solving the problem?