• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp - Keyboard shortcuts ctrl+w

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview  in Robohelp doesn't function. I have tryed uninstall program, modified the Keyboard shortcuts, but not success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does it appear to open but seems to hang RoboHelp? If so, your preview window may be appearing far far off the screen. In that case try pressing Alt+Spacebar followed by M (for move) then any arrrow key. Wiggle your mouse around and it may pop into view.

It's also possible that you have the wrong element in focus when pressing ctrl+w. Perhaps an element is selected that RoboHelp is incapable of previewing.

Or it could be that another application is stealing the ctrl+w key sequence. Does the preview icon work?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2011 Jul 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 7 (TechComm Suite) HTML Help. I know this is a very old post that I am replying to, but this is something that I am having a problem with also. I was working for quite some time in a Help project, using Ctrl+W to preview topics when it quit working. Now I can't even use the preview button to preview a topic. I rebooted and opened the project again. It still doesn't work. I opened another project, and it doesn't work in that project either.

If you can tell me what I can do to fix the problem, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2011 Jul 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mary

Did you try the steps outlined? Alt+Spacebar then M for move. Then press an arrow key followed by wiggling the mouse?

You may need to close and restart RoboHelp, then kick off Preview before attempting it. That way you have a known condition.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried the steps. I even closed RoboHelp and reopened it. Preview doesn't work at all anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you followed the steps 100%? Note that Rick did say to close RoboHelp BEFORE following the steps.

If you have done that, then see Snippet 61 on my site where you will find Rick's earlier solution that involves a trip to the registry. Your risk.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I THOUGHT I completed the steps 100%, but I missed one crucial step...I did not press an arrow key. I just moved the mouse.

After performing ALL of the steps this time, it worked!   I am still puzzled as to why this happened in the first place, but I am very happy it is working now.

Thank you both! As always, you have solved my problem and saved me a lot of time today!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp