• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasting recording slides

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first Captivate presentation; basically a learning experience.

I have a file that is converted from a PowerPoint slide show and another that is a recording of some activity in Word.  I attempted to copy slides from the recording and paste them into the PowerPoint presentation.

When pasted into the PowerPoint show, the recording slides don't render correctly. I don't see the full width of the original recording, and when it shows a click on an object at the edge of the display, it jumps out of place to fit in the space rendered.

Is that typical?  And what's the correct way to merge slides from PowerPoint and clips from a demo recording into a single Captivate presentation?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should probably have mentioned that this is Captivate 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have some questions: are those two files that you want to combine in one CP-file, if I understand well, the same resolution? How did you copy the slides? And what is the Quality setting of the slides (Properties panel, General region)?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the PowerPoint slides, I used the Create New command from the startup screen.

Create New > From Microsoft PowerPoint

I just used let it go with whatever the default settings are.

For the simulation, I also used the Create New command from the startup screen.

Create New > Software Simulation

Screen Area: Custom Size: (I didn't keep the exact dimensions)

Recording Type: Automatic: No Panning: No Narration

Finally, I just copied slides from the simulation and pasted them to the PowerPoint-conversion slideshow.  This was a first jab for me, so I'm trying to figure out what the parameters are for the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Check the resolution for both files (have a look in Modify, Rescale Project): Width and Height in pixels. I think that both files have a different resolution (dimensions in pixels). Then you could downscale one of them, but if the ratio width/height is not the same, that is a problem. Please can you check?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi tcollins,

Please turn on the 'Rescale Imported/Pasted Slide' option in preferences dialog at Global -> General Settings.

Picture 4.png

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources