• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DRM unavailable

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2010 Mar 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with this problem?  I've tried using a couple of different computers with the same result.

The error message I get is shown below.

BASCOM_Programming_of_Micro.pdf:
Adobe DRM Error
System:  7
State:  4
Class:  15
Code:  57
Please check your network connection and try again.
Scroll below or view error.log for more details.
Your Adobe software could not be activated.
The Adobe DRM Activator is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later.
--- end ---

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.  How aggravating, I paid good money for two books that I am now totally locked out of.  This is the text of my error message encountered in Digital Editions v1.72

A Designer's Guide to Adobe® InDesign® and XML: Harness the Power of XML to Automate your Print and Web Workflows:

Adobe DRM Error

Code:  57

Please check your network connection and try again.

The Adobe DRM Activator is temporarily unavailable.  Please try again later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems that their activation server is still down

Content Management Bible.PDF:
Adobe DRM Error
Code:  31
HTTP error on Adobe DRM Activator request.
Adobe DRM Activator error.
Client Code:  31 - HTTP Code:  502
Fault location:  15

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2010 Mar 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This particular error message means that you are trying to access content that was protected with Adobe Content Server version 3.

The activation server for ACS3 was decommisioned last year (for details on the timeline see: http://www.adobe.com/products/contentserver/migrate.html)

Since you are getting this error the content will no longer be accessible to you (if you still had an authorized version of Acrobat/Reader 7, it would be viewable), and your only recourse is to contact the seller of the ebook to see if they will let you redownload the content using Adobe Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "activation server decommissioned"? How unprofessional is that? Do you guys have someone who is responsible for customer relations, have you ever heard about anything called business etiquette?

"...oh, we decommisioned our server, and now all of you that bought your books can simply delete them and throw all your money away unless your sellers are kind enough to provide you with another download..."

This is plain rude, and I can't even describe how furious I am with Adobe now. It's the same as if you sold me a car, and one year later took back everything but the roof because you felt like it. And I'm even more furious that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it but make sure that I'll never buy another Adobe or Adobe-related product, and try to make all the people I know do the same. I find it very unfortunate that your PDF format is spread like a plague, and sincerely hope that someone else will come up with something to knock you down.

I had a case open with Adobe support for almost a year now, and not once did it come up that some server was decommisioned, but I was taken through all kind of stupid steps and even more stupid support representatives some of which didn't even bother reading my messages. And all this just to find out in a forum that you decommisioned your server!

Way to go Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jim,

I assume you're having the same problem I did. After several rounds with Adobe's useless support team, I finally found an answer. Remove the books from your bookshelf in Adobe Digital Editions. Then go back to the original store where you purchased your books and ask them to allow you to download them again. This will work as long as the orignal place is still in business.

When I asked Adobe Support what happens to the books where the original books store has gone out of business, I was told too bad. It was at this point, I decided that Adobe doesn't care about end user experiences. Since this episode, I have discarded Adobe Digital Editions and re-purchased the books I needed from Amazon for use on the Kindle. Those not available on the Kindle, I was able to find non-DRM PDF versions.

Due to this lousy, unthought out DRM scenario, I have refused to purchase any new Adobe softare. (Including Lightroom 3, CS5 Master Collection). The only way we're going to make these companies get out of this stupid DRM world, is to refuse to buy in.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines