• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 doesn't break Word document into topics based on headings

Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have been working with RH7 and Word 2007 for some time and everything was OK.

Yesterday tried to generate another Help by importing a Word document.

RH just didn't generate topics based on the headings.

The entire document was imported into a single topic - into a text box.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks,

Rakefet

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the import a dialog appears. Click the Advanced (or is it Edit?) button and click on each style that you want to be used to break the document into topics.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said - we've been generating Help for several years now. The method hasn't changed.

I selected Heading1, 2, and 3.

For some reason, RH stopped breaking down the document into topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the environment can mysteriously change so pagination was the place to start!

The next thing to check is the headings in the specific document Word. I've seen quite a few posts where further investigation reveals that the "headings" were in fact styles the author had created that were not the heading styles that come with Word. Is this possible here, is it one of your documents or someone else's creation?

Try creating a new project and importing a document that has imported correctly in the past. Does it still do so or does it too display this problem?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried a new project in RH and a new document based on Word's Normal

template and built-in styles.

Same problem. Seems like a problem in a RH or Word patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you encounter it, try removing Word security patch. Microsoft say it's not their problem. We opened a bug report for RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would one of you like to send me a document that you cannot get to break into topics? See my contact page on my site.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp