• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save library symbols' class files in packages that are not the default package?

Jul 18, 2010 Jul 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I perform the following in Flash CS5 with Flash Builder 4

1) Create a new library symbol.

2) Do a RightClick->Properties on the new symbol

3) Check the options for "Export for ActionScript" and "Export in frame 1".

4) I write a new name for my class "Class1" and click on the pencil icon "edit class definition" to edit the class.

At this point my FlashBuilder 4 takes over and opens the "New ActionScript" dialog.

4) I then click on Package-Browse to select a package e.g. com.mycompany.myfiles as the new class destination.

The as file is created as com.mycompany.myfiles/Class1.as as everything seems just fine.

5) I close the ActionScript file and back in Flash CS5 I RightClick on the symbol and select "Edit Class".

At this time, FB4 suggests again to create the file, ignoring the fact that I already created it before.

Do you know of a way I can make Flash CS5 remember where I created the file?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FB 4.0.1 and CS5, this usecase seems to work for me. I also deleted the project and checked, it asked me to create the project and file again, but when the file was already there it did not ask.

Is there any other step that was there when you encountered this issue?

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I didn't remove the project or delete any of the files.

All I did was create the class file under a package that is not the default package. Then when I clicked on the Flash symbol's "Edit Class" It asked me again to create the same class file.

Only if I create the class in the default package, it won't ask me to recreate it again.

Bye,

RaamEE-IL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes got it, filed http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-27193 for you to track.

The workaround is to set the package of the class in the symbol properties, that way it will remember it. For example enter the class name as com.mycompany.myfiles.Class1 in the symbol properties for the class name.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines