• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8: Add words to dictionary

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I've come around again to an old issue that I want to solve. I need to add about 1000 words to the RH8 spell check dictionary. Is there any way to do this besides adding them one at a time? Is there a dictionary file that I can just add words to somewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, I guess there is no way to do this. What a nuisance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Margaret

I'm not 100% sure on this. I just added an odd word to the dictionary and scanned my system for it. I was unable to find it! Next I looked in the Windows Registry. I found the word inside the registry at the following HKEY:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2363748780-1291634622-3356602919-1000\Software\Adobe\RoboHelp\8.00\RoboEditor\Defaults\LexiconEditorWords

But when I added a new word to this list (RoboHelp was closed at the time) it did not appear among the list of words in RoboHelp when I restarted it.

So assuming I found the correct location for where the terms are stored, it doesn't seem to hold any promise that you may be able to add words separately.

I'd report it via the Wish Form so Adobe are aware of the need to import terms that way.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps if I can help muddy the waters a bit here

I did a bit of reaserch into this when Margaret first posted her query and then hit an issue elsewhere and ran out of time. What I did manage to find out is that my new word was contained in a .CLAM file. Apparently these are dictionary files used by Adobe products (e.g. I know some CS5 products use them). The trouble was that this are not easily editable therefore I couldn't find a way of adding entries to it. As it is not a text file it is probably unwise to edit it anyway.

If I have inadvertantly thrown a curve ball I apologise but thought it worth sharing. I should say perhaps that my installations is TCS2 rather than stand alone RH8 which may have some baring on matters. Fell free anyone to knock my curve ball into the long grass.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Colum!

I suppose that would explain why my added entry failed to show. It must have been that I failed to add it also to the clam file.

So how did you manage to find the clam file? I was attempting this by adding an odd keyword such as Peter's famous RedRabbit. Then scanning my hard drive for the term. But it failed to produce any files containing the word. Then again, I'm using Windows 7. So perhaps search is working differently than it did on XP.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly the same as you Rick but I am on an XP machine. It must be different on Win7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. It does look as though this is not possible. It's a shame. I have about 700 command names and lots of options for them that I would like to add from a text file. That's at least 2100 mouse clicks. ow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Margaret. This may be a bit left field but perhaps you could create a single topic into which you could paste the 700 command names. Now run the spell checker adding each to custom dictionary. At least you wouldn't have to worry about whether to add each entry found as they'd all require adding. You could even leave a large volume on the Enter key if you wanted. I find the tome "100,001 reasons not to use Flare" is good for this type of thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice, idea, but I don't think this will work. The default button in the spell check dialog is "Change" not "Add." Not what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Margaret - Macro Express

@Colum - Next time we go for a drink, I'll buy you a saucer of milk!

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I use EZ Macros... same idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MILK (I cup, 2% milk)
BEER (I cup)
Fat (g)
Fiber (g)
Sodium (mg)
Cholesterol (mg)
Calories
Calories from fat (%)

Are you serious? With my athletic figure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp