• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

required version in html wrapper 9.0.124, client prompted to download 10.1

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2010 Jul 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Flash builder 4, I used the Flex Compiler option:  Generate HTML wrapper, and check target player version.  I am using the Flex 3.3 SDK, so the minimum version required is 9.0.124.  I would like users who still have Flash 9 installed to be able to use the site.  This has worked fine, but all of a sudden a client using IE 6 who was able to access the site is prompted to download flash 10.1, and if they don't have permission to download 10.1, then they can't access the site.  Does this have something to do with the release of Flash 10.1?  Can I change the html wrapper somehow to address this?  If I get rid of the "check flash player version" it works for a client with 9, but then a client who doesn't have flash won't be prompted, and will just see a red x.

Of course it still all works seamlessly if the client uses Firefox, but unfortunately I can't expect everyone to switch.

Thanks for your help,

SebRob

Here is my auto generated index.html

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->
<html lang="en">

<!--
This application was built using Adobe Flex.
// -->

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title></title>
<script src="AC_OETags.js" language="javascript"></script>
<style>
body { margin: 0px; overflow:hidden }
</style>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Globals
// Major version of Flash required
var requiredMajorVersion = 9;
// Minor version of Flash required
var requiredMinorVersion = 0;
// Minor version of Flash required
var requiredRevision = 124;
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// -->
</script>
</head>

<body scroll="no">
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
// Version check for the Flash Player that has the ability to start Player Product Install (6.0r65)
var hasProductInstall = DetectFlashVer(6, 0, 65);

// Version check based upon the values defined in globals
var hasRequestedVersion = DetectFlashVer(requiredMajorVersion, requiredMinorVersion, requiredRevision);

// Check to see if a player with Flash Product Install is available and the version does not meet the requirements for playback
if ( hasProductInstall && !hasRequestedVersion ) {
// MMdoctitle is the stored document.title value used by the installation process to close the window that started the process
// This is necessary in order to close browser windows that are still utilizing the older version of the player after installation has completed
// DO NOT MODIFY THE FOLLOWING FOUR LINES
// Location visited after installation is complete if installation is required
var MMPlayerType = (isIE == true) ? "ActiveX" : "PlugIn";
var MMredirectURL = window.location;
    document.title = document.title.slice(0, 47) + " - Flash Player Installation";
    var MMdoctitle = document.title;

AC_FL_RunContent(
  "src", "playerProductInstall",
  "FlashVars", "MMredirectURL="+MMredirectURL+'&MMplayerType='+MMPlayerType+'&MMdoctitle='+MMdoctitle+"",
  "width", "100%",
  "height", "100%",
  "align", "middle",
  "id", "index",
  "quality", "high",
  "bgcolor", "#6e6e6e",
  "name", "index",
  "allowScriptAccess","sameDomain",
  "type", "application/x-shockwave-flash",
  "pluginspage", "http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"
);
} else if (hasRequestedVersion) {
// if we've detected an acceptable version
// embed the Flash Content SWF when all tests are passed
AC_FL_RunContent(
   "src", "index",
   "width", "100%",
   "height", "100%",
   "align", "middle",
   "id", "index",
   "quality", "high",
   "bgcolor", "#6e6e6e",
   "name", "index",
   "allowScriptAccess","sameDomain",
   "type", "application/x-shockwave-flash",
   "pluginspage", "http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"
);
  } else {  // flash is too old or we can't detect the plugin
   var alternateContent = 'The My Neighborhood Mapping Portal requires Flash Player plugin 9.0 or higher. '
    + '<a href=http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash/>Get Flash</a> </br>'
    + ' Or go to the <a href=http://er-gisweb.nevcounty.net/>Old Site</a>'
    + ' which does require Internet Explorer, but no plug in.';
    document.write(alternateContent);  // insert non-flash content
  }
// -->
</script>
<noscript>
   <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"
   id="index" width="100%" height="100%"
   codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab">
   <param name="movie" value="index.swf" />
   <param name="quality" value="high" />
   <param name="bgcolor" value="#6e6e6e" />
   <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
   <embed src="index.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#6e6e6e"
    width="100%" height="100%" name="index" align="middle"
    play="true"
    loop="false"
    quality="high"
    allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">
   </embed>
</object>
</noscript>
</body>
</html>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SebRob,

I think the version detection is going haywire for you on IE6. Is this is a uniform behavior for all your clients using IE6 or just your own testing machine?

Can you put a alert(versionStr); just after versionStr = GetSwfVer(); in the function DetectFlashVer in the file AC_OETags.js file and let us know what you are getting.

Thanks

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2010 Jul 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only tested it on 2 machines. I put the alert(versionStr); line in the AC_OETags.js file found in the html-template folder. I didn't see the AC_OETags.js file get updated in the bin-debug folder, as I thought it should, so I manually added it there too. I'm assuming a popup should appear when I run or debug it, but nothing happens. In fact, the only change I see is that now when I try to debug, I get the following error: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32.dll

Flash Builder cannot locate the required debugger version of Adobe Flash Player. You might need to install the debugger version of the Flash Player or reinstall Flash Builder.

Do you want to try to debug with the current version?

But that should probably go in a different thread. Can you tell me why the alert isn't working, and where I should put it, and what I should see. Sorry for my confusion, I'm new at Flash development.

Thanks, Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The directory from which the html file that you are loading should have the files that I mentioned. The alert will help us to diagnose the version check if anything wrong is happening. I recommend you re-install flash player on the machines being tested. (both the activex as well as the plugin version)

Hope this helps.

-Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply.  In the mean time I found an alternate solution that works well.  I have abandoned the wrapper autogenerated by Flash Builder, and instead implemented a solution using swfobject2.  I think the latest SDK for FB 4 perhaps even implements this same solution, but since I am using an earlier SDK ( 3.3) I had to do it manually.

Thanks, Sebastian Roberts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines