1 2 Previous Next 59 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 12:05 AM by _VG RSS

CS SDK bugs

Harbs. CommunityMVP

I have come across a few bugs in the CS SDK while working with it.

I'm starting a thread of bugs that I've found (and I'll try to remember as many as I can...). Hopefully having all these bugs in one place will make it easier for the CS SDK team to address them.

If anyone else finds bugs, please add them to this thread!

Harbs

• 1. Re: CS SDK bugs
          Harbs. CommunityMVP

#1: Here's one I just bumped into now. I don't know if this a CS SDK bug, or an InDesign bug, but I'll post it either way:

When a text field in a panel has focus, "Command A" selects all in InDesign instead of the text of the text field. I observed this on Mac. I did not try on Windows.

Command V and Command C works as expected.

Harbs

• 2. Re: CS SDK bugs
            Harbs. CommunityMVP

#2: (InDesign) everyItem().Enumerator causes error

If you try to use InDesignObject.everyItem().property it returns an array of the properties. This is an essential technique for efficient processing of data. When this technique is used in CS SDK to get an enumeration property it results in the following error:

Error: In wrapReturnedHostObject(), attempted invalid wrap: com.adobe.indesign::Enumerator returned as Object

This error is caused when trying to access any enumerator in this way. Here's one example when will cause the error:

var alignments = app.paragraphStyles.everyItem().bulletsAlignment;

Harbs

• 3. Re: CS SDK bugs
              Harbs. CommunityMVP

#3 (InDesign) "Object.properties = props" does not work.

In InDesign, you are supposed to be able to set multiple properties simultaniously by feeding a javascript object to the "properties" property of any InDesign object. This does not work using CSAWLib.

This too is VERY important for perforamnce of scripts...

Harbs

• 4. Re: CS SDK bugs
                Harbs. CommunityMVP

#4 (this one is just an annoyance)

Quite often, when I load my extension using the "Attach" feature, I get a number of error on launch it alwyas stops on line 5649 of SystemManager.as and the error is always "cannot access aproperty or method of a null object reference. I seem to have this problem less when I don't touch my computer while the extension is loading, but I have a very hard time not doing two things at once...

If I have it run through, it seems to load okay, but it is a bit of an annoyance.

Here's a sample of my console log (it's a two-extension bundle): The second TypeError was during an activate event and the third one was during a deactivae event (unless I mixed them up). I didn't check what the first error was. I replaced the main extension with "extension_name".

6/6/2010 22:26:25.847 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.ExtensionWindow Loading of extension __com.intools.extension_name.extension2_0 complete.
                6/6/2010 22:26:25.848 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.SWFEventDispatcher Loading of extension __com.intools.extension_name.extension2_0 complete.
                6/6/2010 22:26:28.469 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.SWFEventDispatcher dispatchEventToExtension() Dispatching event of type com.adobe.csxs.events::StateChangeEvent to extension __com.intools.extension_name.extension1_0
                TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
                    at mx.managers::SystemManager/stageEventHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:5649]
                TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
                    at mx.managers::SystemManager/stageEventHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\managers\SystemManager.as:5649]
                6/6/2010 22:27:45.338 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.extension.impl.ExtensionLifeCycleNotifier onExtensionComplete()
                6/6/2010 22:27:45.339 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.command.SetExtensionLoadedCommand calling SetIsLoaded through ExternalInterface
                6/6/2010 22:27:45.341 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.extension.impl.ExtensionLifeCycleNotifier dispatchInvokeEvent()
                6/6/2010 22:27:45.343 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.command.CheckStartOnEventCommand calling CheckStartOnEvent through ExternalInterface for __com.intools.extension_name.extension1_0
                6/6/2010 22:27:45.346 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.WindowStateManager onExtensionComplete()
                6/6/2010 22:27:45.348 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.SWFEventDispatcher dispatchEventToExtension() Dispatching event of type com.adobe.csxs.events::StateChangeEvent to extension __com.intools.extension_name.extension1_0
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.733 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.external.CSXSEventReceiver receiveExternalEvent() dispatching CSXSEvent to all extensions...
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.734 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.WindowManager Dispatching event of type com.adobe.csxs.internally.events.BroadcastEvent to all extensions.
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.761 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.extension.impl.ExtensionLifeCycleNotifier onExtensionComplete()
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.761 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.command.SetExtensionLoadedCommand calling SetIsLoaded through ExternalInterface
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.763 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.extension.impl.ExtensionLifeCycleNotifier dispatchInvokeEvent()
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.764 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.command.CheckStartOnEventCommand calling CheckStartOnEvent through ExternalInterface for __com.intools.extension_name.extension2_0
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.765 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.WindowStateManager onExtensionComplete()
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.766 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.SWFEventDispatcher dispatchEventToExtension() Dispatching event of type com.adobe.csxs.events::StateChangeEvent to extension __com.intools.extension_name.extension2_0
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.798 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.external.CSXSEventReceiver receiveExternalEvent() dispatching CSXSEvent to all extensions...
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.799 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.WindowManager Dispatching event of type com.adobe.csxs.internally.events.BroadcastEvent to all extensions.
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.823 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.external.CSXSEventReceiver receiveExternalEvent() dispatching CSXSEvent to all extensions...
                6/6/2010 22:28:10.823 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.WindowManager Dispatching event of type com.adobe.csxs.internally.events.BroadcastEvent to all extensions.
                6/6/2010 22:28:15.349 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.external.CSXSEventReceiver receiveExternalEvent() dispatching CSXSEvent to all extensions...
                6/6/2010 22:28:15.350 [INFO] com.adobe.csxs.stagemanager.window.impl.WindowManager Dispatching event of type com.adobe.csxs.internally.events.BroadcastEvent to all extensions.

Harbs

• 5. Re: CS SDK bugs
                  Harbs. CommunityMVP

#5:(InDesign) dropdowns inactive when switching out of InDesign and then back

When I have my flash panel open in InDesign, and switch out of InDesign and then back, ComboBox dropdowns sometimes open in a disabled state and immediately clode themselves. It's not 100% of the time, but it's very, very often. In order to use ComboBox dropdown menus, I must first click inside the panel, and then click on the ComboBox.

It seems that once the StateChangeEvent fires, the dropdowns are useable, but not before, and the event only fires when the panel is clicked on...

Other controls don't seem to have this problem.

Harbs

• 6. Re: CS SDK bugs
                    Harbs. CommunityMVP

#6 Scrolling ComboBox dropdown menus with a scroll wheel crash InDesign:

Scrolling ComboBox dropdowns seem to crash InDesign on a regular basis. I've seen this with a number of different ComboBoxes, and I don't get an error of any kind while debugging. Once I scroll to the bottom of the list in some way other than using the scroll wheel, I seem to be able to scroll without a problem.

Very weird...

Harbs

• 7. Re: CS SDK bugs
                      irpaterson Adobe Employee

Harbs,

Thanks for taking the time and taking the initiative and starting this thread- hopefully the reporting can be streamlined further at some point, and we are capturing these right now (some I believe may be known issues and some are perhaps new reports). This is very helpful.

Best wishes

Ian

• 8. Re: CS SDK bugs
                        LeeHuang Adobe Employee

Harbs,

Thanks for reporting these issues, I have filed bugs on most of them already, except the couple ComboBox issues (#5 and #6).  I am having hard time re-producing them in the Mac 10.6.3.  I am wondering which platform and OS are you running?  One thing I noticed seems to be similar to what you found in issue #5 is if I switch out of ID and back, sometimes, the first click on the ComboBox will show a disable list for quick moment and then it disappeared.  Then the second click on the ComboBox will resume back to normal.  Is this issue #5 you're seeing?

I am not able to reproduce the scroll wheel crash yet, I assume you are talking about when you click on a ComboBox with lots of list items, and it shows a scrollable box for all the items and you can use the scroll wheel to scroll the list?  May I ask how many items are in your ComboBox and can I get your ComboBox and its data provider definition from your mxml?  Or you're seeing this in other extension's ComboBox too?

Thanks!

lee

• 9. Re: CS SDK bugs
                          Harbs. CommunityMVP

Hi Lee,

Yes. Issue #5 is exactly what you describe.

#6 seems to happen on long lists and it was reproducible in multiple swfs (on my system). I was seeing it in a dropdown of all the fonts on my system (many hundreds). I had some crashes while scrolling shorter dropdowns as well, but those are much harder to reproduce. I'm using Mac 10.6.3 and InDesign 7.0.0.354 I don't remember if I ever installed the release build of InDesign...

I think I sent a sample project which has this issue to Adrian. I can send it to you as well.

Of course it could be something specific to my system -- which is not the cleanest, I might say. I have every version of InDesign installed since CS and when I upgraded to a new computer, I just migrated everything to the new one. You might say that a developing system should be a bit cleaner, but I haven't found the time to clean things up, and the advantage of having a messy system for developing is that you have a bigger chance up running up on bugs if they are there...

Harbs

• 10. Re: CS SDK bugs
                            LeeHuang Adobe Employee

Harbs,

Thanks for the reply.  I've logged a bug on the disable popup issue.  It seems to me you always get the problem as long as you click on the item's name part of the ComboBox, as opposed to the dropdown arrow part, which will be fine.

I will try to populate a large ComboBox to see if I can crash ID. 

Thanks again!

lee

• 11. Re: CS SDK bugs
                              Harbs. CommunityMVP

#7 Panels don't lose focus:

CSXSInterface.getInstance().requestStateChange(StateChangeEvent.WINDOW_LOSE_FOCUS,null) does not return focus to the program.

Anastasiy reported the problem here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2813981#2813981

I just observed this problem in InDesign as well.

Harbs

• 12. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                Anastasiy Safari Community Member

Thanks, Harbs!

I can add a couple of cents here.

#8. Panels in different folders.

It's more related to CS Extension Builder on Windows.

When I use "Debug As" (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) - doesn't matter, the temporary panel files are being written to [User]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\extensions. While, when I install the panel with Extension manager, it mysteriousely installs the panel into "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\CS5ServiceManager\extensions\". So after the debugging I have two versions of my panel and CS Suite seems to use the one in [User]\AppData while Extension manager uses the one in Common Files. So when I uninstall or reinstall panels after debugging (or Attach As) - the debug files remain in [User] folder and are being used by CS Suite.

It's very confusing, when I finish the debug session, CS Suite still thinks I'm using the debug version of the panel, no matter what do I install or write into

Common Files folder.

I can say more. Some of the users of my MagicPicker color wheel panel report that files are being installed into [User]\AppData folder with extension manager and some of them to Common Files. Sometimes it makes a mess with permissions and panels fail to install on some machines with UAC control turned on.

• 13. Re: CS SDK bugs

#9 Photoshop minimum panel size (Windows)

The Photoshop panel cannot be scaled less than 132px on Windows. It's an important feature for some panels.

Thanks!

• 14. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                    Harbs. CommunityMVP

#10 Editing manifest file causes debug issues

I manually edited the manifest file to costumize the menu position of my extension in InDesign. This causes the debug manifest to get all meesed up and the swf name reverts to main.swf.

Obviously the debugger can't find the swf which does not exist...

• 15. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                      Harbs. CommunityMVP

#11 Drag fail on a tree-view:

I'm trying to implement drag-drop in a tree-view.

I have not created any handling yet. I just added dragEnabled="true" and dropEnabled="true", and I get this error when I try to initiate the drag...

Main Thread (Suspended: TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert mx.events::DragEvent@2e61dac1 to mx.events.DragEvent.)   
                                          flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction [no source]   
                                          flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent [no source]   
                                          mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent   
                                          mx.managers::NativeDragManagerImpl/_dispatchDragEvent   
                                          mx.managers::NativeDragManagerImpl/nativeDragEventHandler 

• 16. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                        Harbs. CommunityMVP

Here's some more details:

I have AIR overlaid on my installation.

It appears to be te NativeDragManager which is handling the drag rather than the DragManager.

I also notice that I have two instances of mx.managers.DragManager when I import it.

Is it possible that something is wrong with my Flex SDK installation which is causing this?

Harbs

• 17. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                          david_a_clark Adobe Employee

Harbs,

This is a known issue with drag and drop functionality which we will look into. I believe it is mentioned in the release notes for ExtBuilder (and perhaps also CS SDK).

There is one "workaround" we're aware of right now. If you perform the drag and drop operation with your extension running in release mode, or in debug mode after hitting stop to disconnect the ExtBuilder debugger, then you should observe that the operation completes as normal. Basically the exception that gets thrown doesn't seem to be related to the success of the operation.

Obviously this is a less than ideal workaround, but hopefully this helps.

David.

• 18. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                            Harbs. CommunityMVP

Hi David,

Thanks.

Of course, that does make debugging drag and drop kind of difficult...

I hope you guys can get to looking at this soon...

Harbs

• 19. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                              Harbs. CommunityMVP

#12 Drag/Drop not working in Photoshop

I got drap/drop working despite no debugging capabilities, but now it seems I've run into another problem.

I have a tree-view which has drag-drop support within the component. (I don't need drag/drop outside this component.) In InDesign, everything works as expected. In Photoshop, it looks like the dragStart event fires, but none of the other drag-related events fire (not dragEnter, not dragOver, and definitely not dragDrop).

Is this a known issue?

Harbs

• 20. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                Harbs. CommunityMVP

#13 StateChangeEvents not working

It seems to me that the only two state change events which fire are WINDOW_OPEN and WINDOW_CLOSE.

Here's the code I used which seems to indicate this fact:

private function onWindowRestore(event:StateChangeEvent):void{
                                                                trace("window restore");
                                                            }
                                                            private function onWindowShow(event:StateChangeEvent):void{
                                                                trace("window show");
                                                            }
                                                            private function onWindowClose(event:StateChangeEvent):void{
                                                                trace("window close");
                                                            }
                                                            private function onWindowOpen(event:StateChangeEvent):void{
                                                                trace("window open");
                                                            }
                                                            private function onWindowMinimize(event:StateChangeEvent):void{
                                                                trace("window minimize");
                                                            }
                                                            private function onWindowHide(event:StateChangeEvent):void{
                                                                trace("window hide");
                                                            }

private function onCreationComplete(event:FlexEvent):void{

CSXSInterface.getInstance().addEventListener(StateChangeEvent.WINDOW_RESTORE,onWindowRest ore);
                                                                CSXSInterface.getInstance().addEventListener(StateChangeEvent.WINDOW_SHOW,onWindowShow);
                                                                CSXSInterface.getInstance().addEventListener(StateChangeEvent.WINDOW_CLOSE,onWindowClose) ;
                                                                CSXSInterface.getInstance().addEventListener(StateChangeEvent.WINDOW_OPEN,onWindowOpen);
                                                                CSXSInterface.getInstance().addEventListener(StateChangeEvent.WINDOW_MINIMIZE,onWindowMin imize);
                                                                CSXSInterface.getInstance().addEventListener(StateChangeEvent.WINDOW_HIDE,onWindowHide);

}

(The other half of this is CSXSInterface.getInstance().currentStateInfo does not reflect the correct state either...)

Harbs

• 21. Re: CS SDK bugs

#14. CSXSWindowedApplication "close" event is not fired on Illustrator

It's impossible to find out if the panel is closed on Illustrator. When it's closed or hidden - and then you open it, there are  no initialization (applicationComplete etc.)  or close events fired.

(Minor issue, the same situtation is with Dreamweaver )

• 22. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                    Harbs. CommunityMVP

More info re. #12:

I was able to implement drag & drop in Photoshop from outside sources (the file system) by creating new event listeners for NativeDragEvents.

The interesting thing is that Photoshop correctly shows feedback, and InDesign does not. The NativeDragEvents work in both InDesign and Photoshop, while the component drag and drop only works in InDesign, and not Photoshop.

I'll try and see if I can implement a NativeDrag of the components to get it working in Photoshop...

Harbs

• 23. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                      LeeHuang Adobe Employee

Hi,

I wanted to let you know all the issues raised here are now in the bug system (although some yet to be verified).  Also I wanted to let you know you can enter bug/feature request now through the following link:

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Please pick Creative Suite Extension Builder or Creative Suite SDK as the product name so the proper bug category can be entered.

Thanks for all your reports!

lee

• 24. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                        Jaap van Blaaderen Community Member

Would it be an idea to create a project on bugs.adobe.com for CS SDK issues? This is in my opinion more open and suitable for bug reporting.

• 25. Re: CS SDK bugs

On #13 StateChangeEvents not working

Note: just tested this in a sample app, WINDOW_OPEN and WINDOW_CLOSE are also not firing in my environment.

• 26. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                            Harbs. CommunityMVP

Drag & Drop is making me tear my hair out!

Drag & Drop works okay for the most part in InDesign Mac. NativeDragEvents are a bit hit or miss.

Dragging from the file system onto a TextArea is working in Photoshop, but it does not work onto a tree-view. I can not get draggiing from a Tree or List to work in Photoshop no matter what I do. NativeDragManager does not help.

Dragging in InDesign Windows is somewhere along the lines of what happens in Photoshop.

It's all about as clear as mud (and works about as well too...)

It would really help if debugging would work on drag&drop!

I would put this issue at very high priority. It's pretty much a show-stopper.

Harbs

• 27. Re: CS SDK bugs

#15. app object is not accessible in creationComplete event of CSXSWindowedApplication

When using embedded JSX script, the access try to app object in Photoshop CS5 causes an Exception on Mac OS.

Discussion is here near the end.

It seems it is not accessible in some other events as well on MacOS

• 28. Re: CS SDK bugs

#16 Flyout submenu items are not visible

Used the sample from the API docs: http://cssdk.host.adobe.com/sdk/1.0/docs/WebHelp/references/csxslib/com/adobe/csxs/core/CS XSInterface.html#setPanelMenu()

Main menu items are visible, sub menu items are not.

Some extra notes on the flyout menus:

1. The xml structure is an easy way of defining a menu structure, it's missing some features though comparing it to a NativeMenuItem, functionality I'm missing most:
                                                                  1. Assign keyboard shortcut (keyEquivalent and keyEquivalentModifiers)
                                                                  2. Disable menu item (enabled property)
                                                                2. The documentation contains a typo: "setPanelMenu(xmlKulerMenu);" which must be "setPanelMenu(xmlMyMenu);"
                                                                • 29. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                  Jennifer IceRider Community Member

On Mac 10.6.4, Photoshop routinely crashes with a stack trace pointing to the swf  package

in PSD. This occurs when a panel I wrote loads. The panel gets mouse focus events and as the event frequency increases

the crash happens.

• 30. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                    Harbs. CommunityMVP

Using the latest build I get a new error when using "Attach As":

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
                                                                        at com.adobe.cshostadapter::ESEventsInterface/initEsi()[C:\projects\cside\Suite\cshostadapte r\main\cseventadapter\indesign\as_wrapper\src\src\com\adobe\cshostadapter\ESEventsInterfac e.as:171]
                                                                        at com.adobe.cshostadapter::ESEventsInterface/addEventListener()[C:\projects\cside\Suite\csh ostadapter\main\cseventadapter\indesign\as_wrapper\src\src\com\adobe\cshostadapter\ESEvent sInterface.as:73]
                                                                        at com.adobe.cshostadapter::IDScriptingEventAdapter/addEventListener()[C:\projects\cside\Sui te\cshostadapter\main\cseventadapter\indesign\as_wrapper\src\src\com\adobe\cshostadapter\I DScriptingEventAdapter.as:95]

Here's my thread:

Main Thread (Suspended: TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.)   
                                                                        com.adobe.cshostadapter::ESEventsInterface/initEsi   
                                                                        com.adobe.cshostadapter::ESEventsInterface/addEventListener   
                                                                        com.adobe.cshostadapter::IDScriptingEventAdapter/addEventListener   
                                                                        WTCJK/onCreationComplete   
                                                                        WTCJK/___WTCJK_CSXSWindowedApplication1_creationComplete   
                                                                        flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction [no source]   
                                                                        flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent [no source]   
                                                                        mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent   
                                                                        mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized   
                                                                        mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation   
                                                                        Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply [no source]   
                                                                        mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2   
                                                                        mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher  

• 31. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                      Bob Stucky Adobe Employee

Everyone:

Thanks for the reports. We're looking at them.

Harbs

I'll have a look at that later today or tomorrow AM.

Bob

• 32. Re: CS SDK bugs

#18. CONFLICT between panels and Type Tool in Photoshop (and Photoshop Cs5 only)

I found this on Windows - didn't try on Mac. If I choose a Type Tool in  Photoshop, enter a text and then leave this Text layer selected and  editable, then open a panel:

a) The panel is irresponsible - neither keyboard nor mouse don't interact with panel's interface

b) If I call app.foregroundColor from JSX (embedded), I got the following exception:

"

Error: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.

- The command "Get" is not currently available.

"

• 33. Re: CS SDK bugs

#19. Illustrator and docked (iconed) state of the panel

If  you dock the panel to the iconed state (docked to the pane of icons),  so the window is not visible. Then close Illustrator and open it again,  the panel disappears from the icons pane and should be opened again from  Window | Extensions | [Panel name Here].

Then, if you  set the panel's width in CSXSWindowedApplication's applicationComplete,  and the panel was docked into the iconed state - it will open and all  panels that are docked together with it in same pane will be opened as  well .

(For example, in Photoshop and other applications, the  panel's window remains in the iconed state, if I set the panel's width  in the code.).

iconedp.png

• 34. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                            Harbs. CommunityMVP

I just noticed that right clicking does not seem to work in Dreamweaver. I have context menus added both using the rightClick property of a list cmomponent as well as manually added context menus. Neither work in Dreamweaver.

I've noticed numerous other CSXS related problems in Dreamweaver and Fireworks. I'd love to demonstrate if someone on the team wants to contact me...

Harbs

• 35. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                              Harbs. CommunityMVP

#21 Opening Window fails in Dreamweaver.

Using:

myWindow.type = CSXSWindowType.MODAL_DIALOG;
                                                                                              myWindow.open();

open() gets an error:

Error: Error #3200: Cannot perform operation on closed window.
                                                                                  at Error$/throwError()
                                                                                  at flash.display::NativeWindow/get minSize()
                                                                                  at mx.core::Window/get minWidth()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\airframework\src\mx\core\Window.as:859]
                                                                                  at mx.core::Window/set width()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\airframework\src\mx\core\Window.as:959]
                                                                                  at mx.core::Window/initialize()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\airframework\src\mx\c ore\Window.as:1852]
                                                                                  at [my window path]
                                                                                  at mx.managers::WindowedSystemManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\pro jects\airframework\src\mx\managers\WindowedSystemManager.as:3271]
                                                                                  at mx.managers::WindowedSystemManager/initializeTopLevelWindow()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\framewor ks\projects\airframework\src\mx\managers\WindowedSystemManager.as:1464]
                                                                                  at mx.managers::WindowedSystemManager/docFrameHandler()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projec ts\airframework\src\mx\managers\WindowedSystemManager.as:1364]
                                                                                  at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
                                                                                  at flash.display::Stage/addChild()
                                                                                  at mx.core::Window/commitProperties()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\airframework\sr c\mx\core\Window.as:1949]
                                                                                  at mx.core::Window/open()[C:\autobuild\3.4.0\frameworks\projects\airframework\src\mx\core\Wi ndow.as:2549]

It works in all other apps that I've tried.

On a bit of an aside: Using Windows in Fireworks is kind of useless. When you open the window, the window is opened inside the panel instead of opening in its own window. When you close the window, it closes the whole panel!

Should I list this as a separate bug?

• 36. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                                Harbs. CommunityMVP

#22: Menu Placement in Panel Flyout freezes InDesign

I am trying to set the menu position of my extension to appear in a panel flyour menu. When I do so, it appears in the correct location, but freezes InDesign on launch.

This Freezes InDesign:

<Menu Placement="'SwatchesPanelPopup',101.0,'KBSCE Palette Menus: Swatches: '">New Hex Swatch...</Menu>

When I remove the placement property, it works (but appears in the default location).

Harbs

• 37. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                                  Emanuele Radaelli Community Member

I get the same error in InDesign while trying to get Character contents.

I loop through a paragraph characters and I need to check if the content of every character is a SpecialCharacter enumerator (eg. a FORCED_LINE_BREAK...).

Both this way of getting content return me an error:

var myChar:Character = myParagraph.characters.item(a);

var myChar:Object = myParagraph.characters.item(a).contents;

The error is the following:

Error occurred: In wrapReturnedHostObject(), attempted invelid wrap: com.adobe.indesign::Enumerator returned as Object

Do you guys know any workaround for this?

Thanks!

• 38. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                                    Olav Martin Kvern Community Member

Hi Emanuele,

This does look like a problem in the CSAW lib for InDesign--a character's content might be a string, a special characters enumeration, or a page item (there are probably a few other possibilities I'm not thinking of right now).

I can think of several workarounds--but I'd like to know more about what you're trying to do. Is there some reason that you need to loop through the characters? You could use findText to find all of the special characters directly, without having to iterate. If you do that, you can work with the character object without ever having to get its contents. Let me know what you're trying to do, and I can provide some example code.

If you do need to iterate through the characters, you can try something like this:

//Given a character reference "character"...
                                                                                    try{
                                                                                         var contents:Object = Object(character.contents);
                                                                                    }
                                                                                    catch(error:Error){
                                                                                         app.findTextPreferences = NothingEnum.NOTHING as FindTextPreference;
                                                                                         app.findTextPreferences.findWhat = "^R";
                                                                                         var foundItems:Object = character.findText();
                                                                                         if(foundItems.length > 0){
                                                                                              trace("Character contains a frame break character");
                                                                                         }
                                                                                         app.findTextPreferences = NothingEnum.NOTHING as FindTextPreference;
                                                                                    }

Thanks,

Ole

• 39. Re: CS SDK bugs
                                                                                      Emanuele Radaelli Community Member

Thanks Olav,

I did it like you but using a doScript in the "catch".

That's because a simple JS code executed by InDesign in InDesign could easily return the right character value (even if it's a special character) as string.

var myCharacter:Character = myParagraph.characters.item(b);

var myCharacterContent:String = "";

try{

myCharacterContent = myCharacter.contents.toString();

}catch(e:Error){

app.doScript("hereGoesMyScript", ScriptLanguage.JAVASCRIPT, null, null, null) as String;

switch(returnedValue){

case "FORCED_LINE_BREAK":

returnedValue = "<br/>";

break;

case "EN_DASH":

returnedValue = "-";

break;

case "SINGLE_RIGHT_QUOTE":

returnedValue = "'";

break;

...

}

myCharacterContent = returnedValue;

}

Thanks!

1 2 Previous Next