• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5 bug? FMR clips don't update mouse location

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with the automatic FMR recording of and drag-and-drop in Captivate 5. The setting used is "Automatically use FMR for: Drag and Drop actions".

The problem is as follows

1. As part of the storyboard an item is dragged from point A to B. The video slide showing this action is correctly generated and the video shows mouse cursor moving with the drag event and reaching point B.

2. Captivate erroneously generates an extra slide after the video slide where the drag-and-drop has already taken place but the cursor moves AGAIN from point A to B.

Eg. the FMR video slide doesn't update the mouse cursor point from the beginning point of the clip (A) to the ending point (B) as it should.

This works fine in Captivate 4 where the mouse cursor is in the correct point B in the slide following the video clip. Makes me wonder if Adobe tested the new release at all...

I just upgraded to Captivate 5 and this bug makes recording more or less useless so any help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I think I see what is going on. It would appear that the mouse position for the Full Motion Recording (FMR) slide isn't capturing the ending location. Because of this, the mouse begins traveling from the ending point on the slide immediately before the click and drag.

You should report this to Adobe as a bug. (Link for doing that is in my signature)

As a workaround you will need to duplicate the slide that immediately follows the FMR slide. Remove all objects except the mouse then adjust the mouse position so it matches the position where it ended travel inside the FMR. Then time the slide super short. Perhaps .1 seconds.

Admittedly this will probably take a few attempts to get it right.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your quick response, I have filed a bug.

Unfortunately the workaround is not usable in my case as my videos have dozens of short FMR clips showing navigation. If I wanted to tinker I would use something free like Wink. This bug is a nasty one as all works nicely in version 4 and it pretty much breaks basic functionality in version 5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround to this issue:

1. Show the mouse in the FMR slide.

2. On this slide, drag the mouse to the end position of the drag-and-drop action (you will need to judge this by eye).

3. Having done this, Hide the mouse on the FMR slide again.

You should now find that the mouse starts from the correct position on the following slide.

Best regards,

-Matthew Ellison

UA Europe

www.uaeurope.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this bug ever fixed? I am having the same problem but I cannot use the work around because my FMR is scrolling to an area of the window that is not visible until the end of the recording. 

Thanks,

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources