Tried different things...in other thread a adobe employee said that it's because of timing problem, but i doubt that.
I have tested this with empty project and the real one, no effect. I can debug the projects but not profile them.
Also tried to see if the hidden mm.cfg parameters could fix the problem or changing the port to another. did not work.
If someone has a solution, please post it in here.
By default the profiler listens on port 9999 for an incoming connection from the Flash Player.
It may be worth:
1. Checking if the port isn't getting blocked (try telnet localhost 9999) or its being opened only in IPV6?
2. Removing -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true from installdir/FlashBuilder.ini and relaunching Flash Builder (If you are on Windows 7).
Meanwhile, I'll ping the profiler guys about this thread.
Any Help from the profiler guys?
Need to profile a project that is a bit more complex that usual ones...but the thing is not working.
- restarting the program
- uninstall and install of the flash debug player.
- added parameters to the mm.cfg file.
- changing the default port (9999) to anything else.
- tried with different sdk's
Good point Anirudh. Do check if the brwoser is already open. Close all instances of the browser before start.
In addition do the following:
1. Please do check if debug version of Flash Player is installed (I think it should be since you are able to debug, but still cross check). You can check the version and if its debug or not by going to the following site:
2. Please send us the Player version number displayed in the site above.
Yes it does.
The newest version of chrome comes with in built Flash Player which doesn't get uninstalled/reinstallled with debug player. Try using Firefox and install debug player. Check on the same site if you are indeed using the debug player. In the meantime, I will get you the procedure to install the debug player on Chrome.
Here is how you can install debug Flash Player on Chrome:
1. Type about:plugins in the address bar
2. Disable the Adobe Flash Player (Shockwave player) plugin.
3. Install the debug version of Flash Player manually.
In case you already installed debug Flash player, it should have been listed already in the plugins and you are ready to go
People, does anybody success profiling in Flash player 10.1?
I've tried it on a couple of comps with Windows XP on them.
IE and FF both give no result.
I can see that when I heat profile, mm.cfg gets edited with
apropriate line that is path to profile agent.
Also if there are exception, they are thrown in all
But no profiling and also no flashlog.txt is generated.
So can any of you guys actually profile successfully in flashplayer 10.1?
I have tried every trick so far that i know and guys here have came me but no luck.
Last night i tried turning off the Chromes build inside flash player and using the debug version and no luck.
I even got excited that Flash builder 4 announced that there is an update for available, thinking that this problem has been solved.
Guys, any more suggestions ?
Please make sure you are using debug version of flash player
Visit the page http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html
and make sure that debug player says 'Yes'
Please let us know the Flash builder version you are using. If you are using Flash builder 4.0 please upgrade to 4.0.1 flash builder and let us know the results.
Google chrome browser installs non-debug version of flash player by default.
To disable the flash player of chrome
Disable Shockwave flash.
Just some updates:
I had been interacting over connect sessions to lemtz over the same issue. Though I could see the problem, couldn't get to the root cause of the problem.
I asked him to roll back to 10.0 player and it works absolutely fine there.
I am still investigating this issue. In the meanwhile will try to get a pair of eyes from Flash Player team too.
There is a temp fix as Anand said , uninstall the current debug player and install the 10.0.xx debug player.
That worked for me. But remember that if you use IE activex debug player there is a specific instructions for removing the old version.
Here's the link to older players and there is also a tech note for how to uninstall the old ax player,
that sounds weird, since you use it in html when you embed the flash object.
beside flash / html projects i use also a custom c# platform and flash and the profiling doesn't
work on either.
rolling back to 10.0 player seems to be the only solution right now...if anyone figures something ,
please post here.
we have the same problem
we are on a Active directory domain and our home path is set on the user network drive.
when i log on a local acount the profiler start working!
so i went back on a domain account and i use wireshark too analyse what the program is trying to do.
i found out that it was searching for the mm.cfg on the user network drive. so i copy the mm.cfg of the document and setting/username/ folder
on the network drive and the profiler start working ! Great!
but the probleme is that the application doesn't reedit the good mm.cfg (in the network drive) so its start to bug in debug mode.
its seems to be because of the profiler agent being call by the mm.cfg
so what can cause flash builder to editing the mm.cfg in document and setting/username/ folder and using the one in the home path?
i hope someone will find and answer to this question.
I'm on vacation right now, but i will try this in the evening when i have some time.
At this moment i can say that i didn't notice any 0.0.0.0:9999 connections when i was trying to figure out the profiler problem.
When switching to 10.0 i saw a connection to 127.0.0.1 made but with 10.1 didn't even try to establish any connection.
Can you see the similarities here ?"
I could not see similarities in my case. My desktop is set to default location:
"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop" in registry.
Still cannot profile in 10.1 (see my posts above for details)
I tested this also and had the default values.
But during a session with Anand my profiler started working.
Things that i did do before the session where:
1. Updated Windows (winxp pro eng).
2. Installed StarCraft 2.
Also i downloaded the flex 4.1 sdk and currently using it.
Don't know if these are the steps to overcome this problem but wanted to share this info is someone has the same kind of result, the profiler starts working.
Please post info if something comes up.
I was completely unable to reproduce the issue despite several attempts. The problem is the reason for this issue seems to just elude me. Can you list down your system details specially if some special configuring related to network is done on your system ? e.g. dual network cards etc ?
Below are the details of what i'm being experiencing:
1. no flashlog.txt generated when running application in flash player 10.1* debugger in both IE and FF/Chrome.
2. I can see that when I heat profile, mm.cfg gets edited with apropriate line that is path to profile agent.
3. Also if there are exception, they are thrown in all the browsers, so I definitely have debugger version.
4. Finally, when trying to profile the error "Unable to connect to application to fetch profile data...".
1. my profiler agent folder path is in trusted location in "Global Security Settings panel".
2. I've tried also to cancel this configuration, still get the same profiler error.
3. my computer is in the domain but no special configurations, i.e.: mm.cfg is in local users folder "C:\Documents and Settings\[my user name]". My desktop is set to default location: "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop" in registry.
4. My system has only one network adapter that is configured by DHCP, i.e.: default configuration.
5. My system was upgraded to SP3 just to check if it solves the problem, but with no results as you can understand
System: Win XP SP3
Player Version: WIN 10,1,53,64
Rolling back to Flashplayer 10.45.2 soves the problem!!!
Had the problem fixed with 10.1 for about a month with statically setting the ip to 127.0.0.1, however now we're back to a point of failure it seems. Previously only IE would work and now IE is failing as are all other browsers.
This is absolutely an insane problem. We have no other choice than to use 10.1 for our project and therefore we're hamstrung right now from having this problem.
Adobe Flash Builder team, will you please step up here and help us all out? We are really tired of having this unresolved and it should be embarrassing that it is not an isolated issue.