Expand my Community achievements bar.

Open thumbnail image to larger size image in popup or new window in Livecycle Designer

Level 1

Open thumbnail image to larger size image in popup or new window in Livecycle Designer

Is there a way to create a form in Livecyle Designer and add thumbnail images and then be able to click on a thumbnail image and a larger version of the image pops up in a popup window or a new window? I tried the gotourl function and referenced the image on the hard drive but this did not work because it is not a url. Is there javascript to do this ie. app.openDoc(c:\image.jpg, NewWindow);?

Thank you.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Can't be done. You could have the image stored on an HTTP server and use xfa.host.gotoURL("/images/foobar.png");

The attached form lets you toggle between two images. The form has the same image embedded as image_1x1 (1in x1in and set to scale proportionally) and image_2x2 (2in x 2in and set to scale proportionally). Since image objects are not exposed to the event model I laid buttons over each image with the same proportions and removed all visual properties (caption, border, background). So I have btn_1x1 and btn_2x2. Initially, btn_2x2 and image_2x2 are set to hidden with the result, below.

Untitled.png

When you click on the image,above, you are clicking btn_1x1. I then hide image_1x1 and btn_1x1 and make image_2x2 and btn_2x2 visible.

Untitled1.png

When you click on the image,above, you are clicking btn_2x2. I then hide image_2x2 and btn_2x2 and make image_1x1 and btn_1x1 visible.

Steve