Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Net connection call failed errors

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2010 Jan 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I've built a Flex application which is calling coldfusion CFC through remote objects in order to retrieve data.

2 days ago, I've updated the server with coldfusion 9 and my issue is that I have sometime those kind of error messages :

[RPC Fault faultString="error" faultCode="Channel.Call.Failed" faultDetail="NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed"]

[RPC Fault faultString="error" faultCode="Channel.Call.Failed" faultDetail="NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 503"]

[RPC Fault faultString="error" faultCode="Channel.Call.Failed" faultDetail="NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 500"]

[RPC Fault faultString="error" faultCode="Channel.Call.Failed" faultDetail="NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 504"]

[RPC Fault faultString="Send failed" faultCode="Client.Error.MessageSend" faultDetail="Channel.Connect.Failed error NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Failed: url: 'http://servername/flex2gateway/'"]

It was also happening on Coldfusion 8 and even on one other sever with another application.

(but same logic  Flex -> remote Objects -> CFC -> sql2005).

When we were still running CF8 I added this <add-no-cache-headers>false</add-no-cache-headers> to the service-config.xml file but with no success.

I do not know if it's related to this but I also sometimes have this error message :

[RPC Fault faultString="Channel disconnected" faultCode="Client.Error.DeliveryInDoubt" faultDetail="Channel disconnected before an acknowledgement was received"]

Most if time the application is running fine, but I want to avoid this errors.

For example yesterday I recieved +- 50 times the NetConnection.Call.Failed error and 20 times Channel disconnected error.

Do not hesitate to ask if I need to post CF9 settings summary or something else.

Thank you for your help.

Aubry

TOPICS
Flash integration , Security

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aubry,

did you manage to resolve this problem. I'm experiencing the exact same problems now.

Our application runs smoothly on CF8, but after running the application on a new server with CF9 we have the random netconnection failed errors.

Best regards,

Dik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2010 Feb 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2010 Feb 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pity, but thanks for the reply.

Dik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2010 Mar 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. why can't adobe document the setup better?  I figure it is just some sort of permission or encoding error ?

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2010 Mar 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that someone will read us ...

it's like throwing a bottle with a message in the ocean...

Does someone will receive my message ? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received the message, but I know nothing about the issue, so I'm not sure what good it does ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

btw I am facing a worst issue ..

is there a patch for CF9 or BlazeDS to fix this  :

[RPC Fault faultString="Detected duplicate HTTP-based FlexSessions, generally due to the remote host disabling session cookies. Session cookies must be enabled to manage the client connection correctly." faultCode="Server.Processing.DuplicateSessionDetected" faultDetail="null"]

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all, I managed to fix this. The best explanation is here.  http://blog.crankybit.com/flex-remoting-over-ssl/

It turned out that I wasn't connecting on SSL because services-config wasn't configured for a secure channel.  Once the services-config was updated ColdFusion  needed to be restarted.

I do not know why this isn't better documented.

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must create a crossdomain.xml file. Solution is here: http://www.flexnedir.com/flex-ve-coldfusion-channel-connect-failed/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation