Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code assist offering variable names from other methods

LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G’day
As one starts typing a variable name, one can get a list of matching variable names (well: functions, methods, variable names, etc).

I just noticed that the list is offering me (local) variables set in other methods.  Is CFB savvy enough to realise it should not be offering me those one?  IE: it should only be offering variables which are actually valid in the context of where the code is being written.

Rather strangely, I also notice it doesn’t offer all variables that happen to match what I’ve already typed.  I can see another variable in a different method being set about 15 lines further up the file.  That variable doesn’t show up in the dropdown at all.  It’s called "aKeyMatch", and if I key in "a" then CTRL-SPACE, I get a list of every other possibly thing starting with "a", but "aKeyMatch" is not in the list.

So what should one’s expectations be of this list of variables being offered?

--
Adam

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

Can you please post the repro code for both the issues (showing local var outside the method and not showing variables from other method)?

Thanks,

Dipanwita

Adobe ColdFusion Builder Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't create a portable repro case, no.  In simple situations, it works fine.

The CFCs I am seeing this in are part of a fairly complex app, and the CFCs are 100s / 1000s of lines long, and under NDA so I cannot post them.

How complex was the codebase you tried to replicate this on?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How complex was the codebase you tried to replicate this on?

Hello?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've just noticed I am getting this on another smalller app too: 80-odd CFCs and 10000-odd lines of code.

So there's definitely an issue that needs looking at here.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation