• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble opening project after upgrading from RH7 to RH8

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently loaded a RH7 project into Source Control 3.1.  All things seemed to be working well.  Until last week I was the sole user of the program and editor on the project.  Last week the IT department attempted to add a new user to the project, installing RH8.  The new user profile attempted to open the project in RH8 but we have not been able to completely open the project.  This was done before upgrading my PC from RH7 to RH8.

We were unable to open the project (and converting) in the new profile, however when viewing the project in Source Control, it showed all the files were checked out exclusively to the new profile.  We were able to utilize the 'check in' function in SC as Admin users and checked in all the files.

My PC was then upgraded to RH8 and I am attempting to open the project.  I received the Upgrade project dialog box. (I select 'Upgrade). I then recieve a warning 'Your project file, C:\....cpd, is corrupt and cannot be opened.  Try deleting this file and reopening the project."

I did this and tried to open the project.  I got as far as the status bar showing the files/project was being loaded.  After several minutes the screen goes all white and the Task Manager shows that it is not responding.

Any suggestions for this novice?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please try the following tech doc and see if this helps in resolving the issue or not. Make sure that you have the backup of your project before trying these steps:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/528/cpsid_52862.html

Piyush Bhatnagar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp