• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help!! Can't access TOC, Index, and Glossary

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!!! I renamed my project. Then I renamed the TOC, Index, and Glossary-which I know I shouldn't have done. Now I cannot access them within my project. I tried to rename them back, but now I have both sets or named TOC,index, and Glossary, and neither works when I open my project. I have a copy of the chm with the correct TOC, Index, and Glossary. Can I extract them from this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perform the renaming from the Rename functionality inside RoboHelp? If so there is no reason why you can't rename projects, TOCs, Indexes or Glossaries. Can you tell us what version of RoboHelp you are using and exactly what TOC, Index and Glossary are being displayed inside the project. An image may help us here which you can post by using the icon below.

adobe_forum_camera_icon.png

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response! I am using ROBOHELP 8 v8.0.2.208. I used the Rename function from within RoboHELP. The online help said this function would not rename the TOC, Index, and Glossary. I then renamed the folder and chm in Windows Explorer, as these were not renamed during Rename. I then renamed the TOC, Glossary, and Index in Windows Explorer. This is when they then did not come up in the project. I have posted screen captures of the Project Manager within my project, and the project files in Windows Explorer.

Chris Beckner

Instructional Designer

RGA International

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Looks like you may have replied by E-Mail and attached the screen captures. Sorry, but Adobe had issues with the attachment feature of the forums and have generally blocked it.

Have you tried renaming your TOC and Index files back to what they were initially?

Another possibility would be to use the TOC editor and Create a new TOC and Index by copying. Then choose to copy the existing structure from the orphaned files.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the create toc and copy function. I sent my captures again directly on the email rather than attached as files. I did try renaming them and making sure the project is looking for the same name, but that didn't work. If you got my re-sent captures, it looks like I have three sets of files now, since I copied some from my extracted source files.

Chris Beckner

Instructional Designer

RGA International

1370 Timberlake Manor Parkway

Chesterfield, MO 63017 USA

636-736-8247

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create a new TOC and Index by copying? I'm not sure what option that is.

Chris Beckner

Instructional Designer

RGA International

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW!!!! Rick's suggestion to copy an existing TOC worked GREAT!!! You saved my life (not to mention endless hours of indexing!), and are my new hero!!! I award you 5 billion points!

Chris Beckner

Instructional Designer

RGA International

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL... Hold the applause and throw change!

(just kidding of course - I'm very happy to have helped you out!)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot screen captures. Also, I recreated the TOC last night so that I can access topics more easily. But the index markers are now gone from all the topics. I had a CHM from just before I had the problem, and extracted the source files. I then copied the TOC, Glossary, and Index files over to my problem project folder, but that didn't work.

Chris Beckner

Instructional Designer

RGA International

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the actual captures. I sent the files before. The current name of the project is ACF Performance Support. Previous name (that I renamed from) is ACF Online Reference.

Chris Beckner

Instructional Designer

RGA International

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp