• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image problems

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously created all my help as Winhelp, but I am now trying to convert over to AIRhelp. To do this I converted my Winhelp project into RH html. Once in RH html, all the links to images appear to be broken.

All the images are there in the image folder as bmps and RH is looking for gifs that don't exist.

Is there a way of defining an image folder in RH html like there is for RH for Word, or a way of importing all the images? At the moment I can re-link any individual image to the bmp original easily enough, but my across all my Winhelp projects there are more than 1/2 million words and about 1000 images. I don't really want to do this by one-by-one!

Does anyone know either what I have done wrong, or where I can go from here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Interesting that you are leaping from WinHelp (which is very dated) to a format that is so new that many help authors are unfamiliar with it (AIRHelp).

Did you try creating an updated WinHelp output then using that as the basis for creating the project in RoboHelp HTML?

Another approach would involve using RoboHelp for Word to create a Microsoft HTML Help (CHM) file. Then decompiling the CHM and using that as the foundation for a RoboHelp HTML project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're still evaluating which help format to go with and I am trying to prove the AIRhelp concept before getting out the chequebook.

I'm guessing that AIR help will ultimately provide all the key features to make a brilliant help solution. I particularly like the way that it removes the reliance on developers integrating the help into the application. This way the help can be updated as and when without needing development to create a patch. I also like the idea of commenting, but not sure whether I can make the comments feature work for me - I still need to investigate whether client A can see comments raised by client B. If that is the case then it is a non-starter, if not, I'm interested!

AIRhelp is really appealing, but I'd like to see what the next release brings too.

I'll try the chm option and see where that takes me.

Cheers,

R.

I missed the obvious question - how do you decompile a chm?

Message was edited by: R-A-X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Sorry, but you lost me when you said:

...I particularly like the way that it removes the reliance on developers integrating the help into the application....

I know Adobe holds some high hopes for this help format, but to my knowledge it doesn't remove the developer from the picture when integrating help. So admittedly I'm more than a bit puzzled by that statement.

Click this link to learn how to decompile a CHM

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took RAX to mean that once the developers have done their bit hooking the AIR help to the topics, the author can update those topics and add content that can be shipped to the customer without further development input, provided there are no context sensitive changes.

On the question of once client seeing another clients's comments, it depends how you set things up. See the AIR topics on my site. We have set things up so that each client (who can be many users on a site) can share comments with only users on the same network. That is what I guess you want.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick - thanks for the link to decompiling chm.

Peter - exactly what I was meaning. Obviously the pressure will still be on for the initial release of any product, but subsequent upgrades will be a doddle!

Regarding comments our clients typically have one head office and multiple sites (ranging from one or two up to potentially thousands of sites)

It sounds as if I can set up the comments so that the sites and one head office can see their own comments but not those from another client.

I'll take myself onto your site to see how to set this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp