Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to grab textfield data, select location and populate data to other textfield

Level 2

I want to be able to enter a number or text into a field and then select a location for that data to be placed globally based on location selected

here is a form Im trying to get to work.

http://www.myschooljacket.com/OutputLocation.pdf

Thank you for any help you may lend.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

OK I get it now ...here is your sample modified.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

I do not understand your question ....can you elaborate?

Paul

Level 2

input data into textfield1 then select a location to display your data from textfield1 and enter that location into a textfield2. location 1 is a textfield that will display textfield1 data if chosen in textfield2. location 2 is a textfield that will display textfield1 data if chosen in textfield2. location3  is a textfield that will display textfield1 data if chosen in textfield2. I hope this helps.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

OK I get it now ...here is your sample modified.

Paul

Level 2

Thank you so very much I can stop pulling my hair out. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks again for helping us newbies.

Level 2

Sorry I got one more question. I need 3 text boxes and 3 location boxes to populate the same output boxes. Right now when I do that only the last location and its corresponding text get populated the prior text disappears. I renamed everything what gives?

Former Community Member

Becasue my code is clearing the three locations out when it is executed. At the top of the code remove the three lines that clear out the text boxes. I did this in case the user changes their mind....you may wantt o add a rest button to clear this all out and allow the user to start again.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----