• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reverse video so it plays backwards

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I do this in PE7 or do I have to buy a $1500 software program for this option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

As I detail in my books, there are actually a couple of ways to do this in Premiere Elements.

The easiest is to right-click on the video on your timeline and select Time Stretch. Set the playback speed to -100 (negative 100)%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I detail in my books, there are actually a couple of ways to do this in Premiere Elements.

The easiest is to right-click on the video on your timeline and select Time Stretch. Set the playback speed to -100 (negative 100)%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent Steve, I can't believe as much as I use timestretch that I missed that.

Thanks again, you guys are Adobe studs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes see here: REVERSE VIDEO

Cheers,
--
Neale
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 dizzy and SG

There are usually many ways to obtain the same thing. But in this case I would forced to debate the order of preference.

If you want to reverse the video so that it plays backwards, my first choice would be to

(a) right click the video on the Timeline

(b) select Time Stretch

(c) in the Time Stretch dialog, just put a check mark next to "Reverse Speed". The Speed stays at 100.00% (no minus sign before it.)

SG's suggestion seems the round-a-about. Yes, in the Time Stretch Dialog you can type in -100.00% for the Speed, and the video will reverse and play backwards. But, look at the dialog, when you type in -100.00%, the Reverse Speed automatically is checked, and the Speed Reading goes back to 100.00 (no minus sign). So why not just check the Reverse Speed in the first place?

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The check box reverses it. The speed box can then be used to speed up or slow down the rate of playback.

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neale

Yes, I know. But SG was answering the question about reversing the speed, not altering the speed and reversing the speed. So, I was addressing his reversing the speed response which seemed an extra step in light of what is actually happening in that dialog box. No matter how you cut it, Speed -100.00% reverts to Speed 100.00% and the check mark is automatically placed before Reverse Speed. The video is reversed and plays backwards. If you put a check mark next to Reverse Speed, the program does not change the Speed (stays at 100.00%), and the video is reversed and plays backwards.

You cannot have a check mark before Reverse Speed and a -100.00% Speed. Granted, you may be able to have Reverse Speed with a check mark for reversing the video and maybe you can alter the speed from 100% upward or downward, but Speed = -100.00% with the Reverse Speed checked does not exist.

Check it out and let me know what you think. My whole point was that it seemed that an extra step was being incorporated which did not have to be in the original discussion.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony, I agree with your comment. But as the speed box had (a) been introduced into the discussion and (b) was in the same dialogue box as the reverse check-box the original poster may have liked to know what it was for.

Cheers,
--
Neale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super simple and worked in PE 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines