Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table (div tags, extra <tr> <td> attributes) and Kadov styles

Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old old project to cleanup--the Kadov styles and an archaic (maybe from word import?) table formatting (hardcoded margins, nobreak) do not get replaced when I apply the paragraph styles from the .css or use the Table cell formatting to fix spacing...the HTML result contains both old format tags and new format tags, and the output looks like the old tags.

Any quick fix ideas? Oddly my multi-level numbering works darn good! But the nested <span> tags everywhere are daunting!.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can clean up your project considerably by clicking Tools > Update DHTML effects in topics. This nifty function does more than it's name suggests. Make a backup of your project before you fun this.

You can easily clean tables. Select the table and right click. Select 'Table style'. Check 'Clean Table Inline Formatting' and press OK.

As for the multilevel lists, are you talking about RH's own Multilevel lists? These lists work quite well, although they aren't outputted as lists. The output is a little sloppy, but it works quite well. If you want 'real' multilevel lists, you need to use 'normal' lists and nest them. (Use the Increase Indent button for that.)

If there is more formatting amiss, you can try a search and replace operation or a script. Beware that something like that can cripple your project in seconds. Always make a backup!

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Willam!

Is there a way to make my multilevel list the default?

It would save several button clicks! Errors are not obvious until you publish.

My multilevel list for procedures is:

Level 1 Numlist 1 Blah blah blah

2 Blah blah blah

Level 2 NumlistNonum Graphics or explanatory paragraph

Level 3 NumlistABC a. Substep for a numlist

b. Blah blah blah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2010 Jul 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I don't know how to do that, but how would it help you?

If you create a multlevel list, you style all levels of the list at once. Then insert the list, normally starting at level one. If you want an extra level, just pres ENTER and then TAB to go to the next level of the list. Use SHIFT+TAB to go to the previous level.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp