• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any short cut key for opeaning Properties

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any short cut key for opeaning Properties and can we assign short cut key to defined style

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It helps to answer if you indicate the version of Captivate you are using.

If it is CP4: select the object on the stage and use Enter. This will open the Properties dialog box.

If it is CP5: the Properties panel of the selected object is automatically focussed on when you select the object on the stage, could you perhaps explain why you want a shortcut? Because you are talking about 'styles' I think you are using CP5. Each object inherits the default style for that kind of object, as defined in the Object Style Manager. If you want to override the style, you normally change in the Properties panel. Perhaps I do not understand your question all right: could you please elaborate what you mean by attributing a shortcut key to a style?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hopefully Lilybiri won't mind my offering up an observation here.

Lilybiri wrote:

...If it is CP5: the Properties panel of the selected object is automatically focussed on when you select the object on the stage, could you perhaps explain why you want a shortcut?...

If this is Captivate 5, keep in mind that the workspace may be configured in a variety of ways. For example, the Properties Panel may be collapsed to icons as shown below:

tmp1.PNG

Certainly when whatever object gains focus, it's there when I expand the collapsed panel. So my guess is that one possibility is mitpancha is asking if there is a shortcut for expanding a collapsed Properties panel.

According to the Window menu Shift+Control+D should open it. But that doesn't seem to happen here on my own setup. Not sure why.

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, Rick, to the point, forgot again that this is the Getting Started forum.

Did you see the double postings?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indeed I did. I had to put on my moderator hat and delete the other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources