• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP5: Welcome screen with repeating text animation until click

Participant ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible in a CP5 project to have a first welcome slide that shows an animated text like "Welcome to ..." for about 40 secondes with effect "Typing Text". The animation should restart every minute until a button is clicked? I tried several settings but until now I could not get a working solution.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Is it really important that the Text Animation starts every minute (which would mean for 40sec that it only plays once), or could you just activate 'loop' in the dialog box for the Text animation? I tried this out:

• created a slide of about 40sec
  • inserted the Text animation with 'loop' activated
  • added a click box and an rectangle instead of a button; both timed for the duration of the slide. Contrary to a button, he click box has its pausing point near the end of the slide. The rectangle is only there to have a visual clue for the user. Of course you could replace it by a Text Caption too.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"just activate 'loop' in the dialog box for the Text animation" is what I tried first, but with this and the click box I found 3 problems:

1) When the text animation (typind) is completed it immediately restarts from scratch; the complete text does not stay for a while.

2) I intend to have only presented the slide heading and footing from the master slide continousely, but the text animation being repeated once a minute with a pause of about 20 seconds before starting again.

3) When the click box comes up, the repetition of the text animation stops as well.

Just to clarify my situation and intention: I enter the classroom and set up the technical environment for the presentation; while the students are entering the classroom (may be this lasts for about 15 minutes) I want to show the welcome slide with the text animation;

a) typing effect (about 20 secondes),

b) have the text shown stable (about 20 seconds),

c) clear the text and have only heading and footing (about 20 seconds),

and these 3 steps repeated until I click to whatever in order to start over to the next slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

Hope I did understand your question this time. You cannot change the duration of the animation itself, if you do not loop the animation will play once and the text will then remain fixed, as you already know without a doubt. What do you mean by 'animation for 20 sec'? You could time an effect, but not a Text animation, and I understood you inserted this with Typing text as animation.

The rest I did work out this way:

• inserted the Text animation without looping, and timed it to stay 40sec on the slide
  • the last 20 seconds only the objects on the master slide will be visible
  • to get back to the start of the slide after having finished it, I attached a simple Advanced action to the Exit of the slide; this action send the playhead back to the first frame of the project, in this case the first frame of the welcome slide. I think it is best not to use any transition.
  • put a button on the slide (or a click box if you want it not to be visible) to break the loop, that button sends the playhead to the next slide.

BackToStart.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for the help. With Your information I could find out, what I was looking for. As beginner (Getting started) I had some additional work to find out the required settings for the push button, and in the end I set success action to "go to next slide" (or similar, in my version it is "zur nächsten Folie").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fine that it seems to work now and Entschuldigung, that you had to search. Could have posted more screenshots if I had known.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources