• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP5: connecting permanently text boxes by lines

Participant ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create several text boxes and want to connect them like a diagram with lines (see below): how should I draw the lines so that they would not loose the entry points of both related tex boxes when a text box is moved on the slide?

With my first approach I could draw the boxes and lines, but they are completely independent from another. Any change would require a lot of additional work to keep the lines intact.

CP5.jpg

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is no such functionality like connecting lines ( similar to Visio) like you want in Captivate. If you would like to have that feature, please fill in a feature request (form is in the main page of these forums).

I do not know why you need this functionality for this project, but is it not possible to create your 'image' in software that does have such functionality and import it in Captivate?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is other software available to create the image (PowerPoint, Visio), but until now it seems to me, that there is no import into CP5 that allows an animation: what I have to present is not the resulting picture but the way that it grows. As far as I have understood, I could create a similar slide in PowerPoint (with connecting lines and animation) and import that into CP5, but there I cannot modify anything in detail, just the animated slide in total (heading, footing, timings for the boxes and lines, audio, closed captions, etc.). Did I misunderstood the CP5 import functions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again,

I did not understand your first question well, did not know that you want to animate this, make it grow as you said. You really want an animation, but with ability to edit quite a lot. Do not see an easy solution immediately, sorry. Personally I would rather start doing this from the end slide, and work in Photoshop (using layers and the roundtripping) or creating the animations in Flash. Do you want to add effects too?

Captivate was not really designed for creating graphical assets like you want now, although it has a lot improved since earlier versions. Please, feel free to introduce a feature request for this kind of drawing objects (dynamic connecting lines).

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources