• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with new Table Style formatting??

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2010 Jul 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having all kinds of problems using the new table style formatter.  I am not a RoboHelpHTML 8 expert (I did better with version 5).  I am trying to create a table with 3 columns, the first of which is left-justified, the last 2 are centered.  The header (row 1) is bolded and centered.  Also I want all the lines the same thickness.  I created the table using the standard SimpleGridBlack... Image2.jpgThere actually is a line across the top... don't know what happened to it.  Next I ran WebHelp and the picture there looked identical to one here.  Then I duplicated the SimpleGridBlack and applied the new style to this table.  Next I started making changes to the new style.  I selected the First Row and made all columns centered and bolded.Image4a.jpgSince I want columns 2 and 3 to be centered, I next selected even columns for changing.Image5a.jpgThis took care of column 2.  Then I selected the last column for change.Image6a.jpgThis took care of column 3.  However, the results were not what I expected.Image10.jpgThe upload does not quite show the picture correctly.  The line under the "gg" is actually there and the lines separating columns 1-2 and 2-3 in row one are actually there.

Image15.jpgHowever, the first line of column 3 is not centered and lines A-B-C, D-E-F, A-D-G, and B-E-H are thicker than the other lines.

I certainly hope someone can help.  It has taken 2 days and getting a web site unblocked for my use to get to the point that I am at now.  This is a document that I have to get out this week and I have a lot of tables to change.  Thank you for any help.

Virginia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Tables in RH 8 are annoying to say the least.

First your alignment issues, you should have a look in the HTML itself to make sure it is being applied correctly. The amoun of timers I have told text to centre, and align and the HTML behind just wont do it. So check here quick.

As for the double-lines that you seem to be getting around the table, this may help but Im not sure as your using styles around them now.

If you select the table as a whole, right click Table Properties > Table tab > Table Bor

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lines I stated are missing are there in the post, but were not there while I was inputting the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the same as above, this is the result I received for the real tableImage22.jpgNo centering anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2010 Jul 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate the answers that have appeared at the top of the thread, I have no idea as to how to get to them or what points are.  I have not been to this forum before and seem to be unable to get an adequate reply from the people answering the email at Forum Etiquetts etc. - which is the only place I can find that actually lets you send an email to someone (little good that appears to do me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I appreciate the answers that have appeared at the top of the thread,

I cannot see any answers to your posts. Maybe you are referring to the stuff about points being available? If so, just ignore that like most folks do.

I have not been to this forum before and seem to be unable to get an adequate reply from the people answering the email at Forum Etiquetts etc

Answers are only given in the thread and the reason you are not getting any is that the table editor is not intuitive is difficult to describe. I'll try to look at your problem tomorrow.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I sincerely appreciate it.

Virginia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prompt me if there is no answer by Monday.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2010 Jul 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tables in RH 8 are annoying to say the least.

First your alignment issues, you should have a look in the HTML itself to make sure it is being applied correctly. The amoun of timers I have told text to centre, and align and the HTML behind just wont do it. So check here quick.

As for the double-lines that you seem to be getting around the table, this may help but Im not sure as your using styles around them now.

If you select the table as a whole, right click Table Properties > Table tab > Table Borders > Turn off ALL table borders. Then go back to that Table tab > Cell Borders > set the thickness youwant to use here, this will apply all round and give you the lines you want.

good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will give the borders a try. I did check the HTML code and it says align=center. However, I have not checked the class. Some of my images weren't centering and I found out it was the class designator.

I've never before had to go in and correct the HTML code more than I've had to do with this version. I had v5 before and liked it just fine. I don't care for all the bells and whistles as it usually just complicates things and doesn't make them any easier. We're seriously considering changing software.

Thanks,

Virginia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2010 Jul 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to thank you again. My borders now look good - using Table Properties as you suggested. I've mostly force-fed my tables, not using the models any more than I had to. I've also accepted less than what I would them to look like.

It has taken me 3+ days to get my document mostly back into the shape it was in before I started using 8. There are some things I still cannot do. I have changed html code until I am dreaming about it. I think I told you that the images were aligned=center, but the best that I could figure is that the class-function is over-riding the alignment specification. So I found a class that was alignment center and changed all(!!) my images to that class.

Just wanted to say... thanks again.

Virginia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are fixed now except centering. Take a look at Using RH8 on my site, item 24.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only other thing i could think of with the images in the table not centering...

If I were you Id look at the style thats applied in that cell/table and align the text to centre, even though there is no text it might help.

as well, set the cell/table to align its contents centre, you can use the quick button in RH, but also go through the table properties window and double check it through there.

if that fails, you could create a new style, that is centred by default and try applying that.

good luck. hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so very much for all your help. I appreciate your time and effort.

Virginia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp