• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with 'previewed changes' being recorded (i.e. MS Word 2007)

Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with a problem that I've encountered please? I've tried searching help but can't find anything.

Captivate seems to have a problem with 'previewed changes' in packages such as Word 2007. For example, I've set up a demo of a Word document in Office 2007 with the following text: "Title text", "Heading 1", "Heading 2", etc. and some filler text.

I switch on Captivate record, select the first line, go into "Styles" and click on "Title" and the line changes style ok. I repeat the process for each element of my document.

When I replay the Captivate recording it all goes horribly wrong. The video shows me selecting the text, the text then changes style to "Title" then the mouse moves to the button and clicks on "Title". The same goes for the rest of the elements I change.

I believe it's a problem with the way Captivate deals with previews of changes. I've tried it in version 4 and now version 5 and it happens in both. I've tried adding extra clicks between each operation, cutting and pasting different backgrounds into the slides, etc. but with no luck.

Ideas/workarounds please? It's pretty urgent.

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Have a look at this possible workaround for your issue:

https://acrobat.com/#d=Fa5yTRf-zfsprELHb277ag

Try this and let me know whether the workaround helps you...

-Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess that this is a similar problem as described earlier http://forums.adobe.com/thread/675827?tstart=0 .

My suggestion is to downgrade to Captivate 4 and to use the option "Capture Interim Screenshot". This will help.

I really tried, but it is not possible for me to work with Captivate 5. There are so many bugs, that I stopped filling out the bug-request form of Adobe.

- no "Capture Interim Screenshot"

- wrong shortcuts for the german keyboard

- strange scrubbing behaviour in the timeline

- low contrast colors in the timeline - so that you can't see when the mouse action begins

- no shortcuts to turn the slides in the audio-recording area / after each page you have to click the 10x10 px arrow

- you have to wait 3 sec every slide before the audio recording begins (is there any way to turn this off?)

I can only hope, that we don't have to wait for Captivate 6 to get the missing features.

I am deeply disappointed with Captivate 5.

Regards

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources