• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue regarding RoboHelp8 trial version

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I downloaded the Trial Version of RoboHelp 8. I wanted to use this to work on a project file of size 60 MB. The output is a Web help. Up until now, this project has been done using RoboHelp 7. So I was opening the RoboHelp 7 files in RoboHelp 8. It took a long time for me to open the file and after that the Windows hour glass icon was appearing every few seconds making it difficult for me to perform any action. Adddinig to this, when I managed to insert some content, the application threw an error message and forced me to close the file. When I tried to open the file again, it is taking forever and of course the hour glass is back indicating that it is still processing something.

Another point to be noted is that this trial version is installed on my VDI and the whole project has to be worked using my remote desktop. So it is a scary combination of VDI+trial version+huge project file+conversion from 7 to 8.

Could anyone help me resolve this issue please?

Thank you

Anuradha

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your project is on a remote machine then RH must be installed on that remote machine, not on the PC from which you access the remote machine. I'm not sure that is the case here.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version is installed on my VDI. Yes, everything is accessed through my VDI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH and the project need to be on the same machine, that is why you are having problems. You need RH on the remote machine as well, then access both via the VDI.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry if I was not clear! Everything,- my project file, Robohelp - is there on my VDI. Nothing is there on my local machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now more confused.

I thought you were working on one machine (say at home) that accessed another machine (at the office). If both RH and the project are installed on the office machine, then it should run OK assuming RH was installed directly to the remote machine, not via the remote access.

If you work directly on the remote machine, do you have these problems?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies.

I am not working at home. In my office, I have my machine (local) and from this machine I need to access another VDI which is in the UK because most of my work files are placed in this VDI and I work on VDI only. So both the project files and RH are on the VDI.

So I log on to my local machine.

Then through citrix I connect to the VDI to work.

Hope I am not confusing you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the picture now and my guess is that the installation of RH7 was done in a different way to RH8. I'm pretty sure that is at the root of it.

If you install RH8 on a local machine, I'm sure you will see it performs OK.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp