Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Twistie Functionality Missing from RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My technical writing team and I were recently upgraded to RoboHelp 8. It is our understanding that you can add a Twistie in a help file. I've been researching for the past few hours and can't seem to find accurate instructions, nor can I find the functionality. Is this feature something that is an add-on or is anyone else having a problem finding the feature in RoboHelp? We found the following instructions in the RoboHelp 8 help file - not really telling us how to add a twistie, but as close as we could find.

Add or change images in a hotspot

Select Drop-down hotspot style in the Styles dialog box.
Expand Character styles to view the Drop-down hotspot style.
Click the Select Twisties Images button .
Select an image to display closing drop-down text and one image to open a drop-down hotspot.
Select an option to place the images either at the Start Of Text or End Of Text. Similarly, you can change images for expanding text.

We tried to follow these, but there isn't a Drop-down hotspot style when you view the Character styles and the one in that exists (in All Available Styles) doesn't allow us to apply the style. Next is that we can't find a Select Twisties Images button anywhere in the app.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Michele

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try this. Right-click the topic and choose properties. Then Appearance and finally Edit. (You see a larger dialog that way)

Then look in the larger dialog and see if you can find this:

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! You have made our day, Rick!

Thank you! We are very appreciative.

Michele (and the rest of the technical writing team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Rick for pointing out the location of the dialog box.

I've tried several times and don't seem to be able to add both opening and closing images to a glossary style.

Maybe I'm not doing it in the right sequence.

1. Select image.

2. Select opening or closing radio button.

3. Click OK, presuming that you've defined either the open or close.

4. Return to dialog box.

5. Select image.

6. Select opposite action from 2.

7. Only the latest is retained.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2010 Sep 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OK button are you referring to in Step 3.

Once you have the dialog above open, you first browse to the location of one of the images you want and the only OK button you click is where you select that image to return to the dialog above.

Then you click the other folder image to browse to the second image.

However, I tried selecting just one image and going all the way back to the style pod and then starting again for the second image and that too was OK.

I am not sure what is going wrong for you. Maybe you could post some screenshots of each step.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I was confused because I expected you could specify DIFFERENT locations for Open and Close (like Start for Open and End for Close) but on building the help I see the way it works.

I long for the days when documentation wasn't dictated by word count for translation--a few extra explanatory phrases would have helped!

Regards,

Victoria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently had a go at this and wanted to acheive the right arrow to start, then the down arrow when selecting the drop down.

When I went through the RH8 gallery I was not able to find sets of symbols for twisties. I could find the right pointing arrow but not a downwards pointing. Is the twistie possible using standard symbols images provided with RH8 please?

Or is one symbol used and moved by the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved by making my own down arrow symbol and copying into RH gallery. Only final thing is the link expands but nothing happens if you clik on the symbol itself...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are not catalogued as sets for twisties, you just select two images such as baby right and baby down.

Take a look at the RoboHelp Tour on my site and look in RoboHelp 8 New Features. Also look at Twisties on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp