Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default fonts in ADE

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bentley Wolfe,

Asking about the default generic fonts in ADE without embedding in CSS stylesheet, it found that "Times" is the default font-family, if it's right, can i use another font-family (e.g. Verdana, Arial and sans-serif) without embedding in CSS stylesheet?

----------
body{
font-family: Verdana;
}
----------

Thanks..

Wael Elbanna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean for creating ebub or pdf content? You lost me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2008 Jul 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean for epub.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 28, 2008 Jul 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I do not know. I only deal with the reading side of the content.. I'd recommend cruising the info on http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishing/. Sorry, wish I had more resources for you... :(

Regards,

Bentley Wolfe
Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player/Digital Editions
Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original question was one I also have, having recently gotten into the work of EPUB eBook creation. Where might one find out what the on-board font situation is for ADE? Is it limited to a declaration of "serif" or "sans-serif"? If yes, what are the two fonts used (Times? Verdana?).

If no, what other fonts can be reliably called upon by the CSS style? For example, the iPad environment for iBooks has about 30 fonts available -- six of available for the font settings on the iBook while the others  can be used for CSS styles. Of those six reader styles, Palatino is the default.

I'd love to know if there is any overlap of font availability, or if ADE is limited to settings of serif or sans-seif.

By the way, I've successfully experiemented with embedded fonts in ADE, but because of font licensing issues that is not something we are pursuing at this time.

Thanks to anyone who can illluminate this for me.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines