• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

@font-face embedding of Adobe fonts

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to find any clear answer to the question of whether Adobe fonts are allowed to be embedded on the web using @Font-face techniques. http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/info/embedding.html is little vague and doesn't really speak directly to using a font on a webpage. I'm aware of other methods like sIFR and Cufón but those aren't as desirable as using a tool like Font Squirrel's @font-face Generator to create the necessary files. With those files one can simply use CSS for everything rather than having to deal with additional flash and/or javascript to configure and control everything.

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2010 Sep 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there... I apologize for taking so long to respond.

The current Adobe font EULA restricts server use of fonts, and does not allow a font to be used on an open network such as the Internet. This precludes web font usage, via @font-face or otherwise.

Sorry for the confusion. We are currently working to create some more useful online documents which explain our font licensing policies.

Meanwhile, you might already know that we have made a selection of Adobe fonts available on Typekit. Have a look here. Typekit ensures that fonts are delivered in the most appropriate format possible for any given browser, and has other great features which ensure the high level of quality we want for our customers.

Regards,

Christopher Slye

Adobe Type Development

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines