Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2010 Jul 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooday,

When I try to install Photoshop Elements 6 onto my computer with Windows Vista, I get an error message just as the install is just about at 100% complete. The error message then undoes the whole install process. This same error message comes up when I try to install Adobe Acrobat reader 9.

The error message:

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component

{98CB24AD-52FB-DB5F-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}.

HRESULT: 0x8007054F.

Message title was edited by: Brett N

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Go to the following kbdocs, follow the instructions step by step.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403969.html

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403465.html

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how I fixed Error 1935 while trying to install PSE 9 from a DVD ...

1) After you tire of trying all of the fixes on these forums (you probably have memorized your serial number by now), remove your DVD. 

2) Place DVD in your stack of worthless and outdated software

3) Let Adobe know your displeasure

4) Switch to any one of multitudes of freeware available on the internet.

5) Problem solved!  Now go and be productive.  It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 02, 2012 Feb 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks---That's about as basic as it comes---tried one earlier that didn't work, I'll look for another download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or use another OS.     

" Windows Vista / 7 " , a great product when you need a "fixxituptool" to repair a installer so you can download properly a tool to fixx-up the downloader of the "MSI-tool fixx-up" !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nothing seems to work. I've followed the instruction on the previous response but it did not work.

Looking through others who've had the same issue, it appears that the 1935 error appears when an adobe product has not been uninstalled properly previously or reminents of files still exist.

I've uninstalled ALL adobe programs and deleted all the files but I'm still getting the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No nothing seems to work. I've followed the instruction on the previous response but it did not work.

Looking through others who've had the same issue, it appears that the 1935 error appears when an adobe product has not been uninstalled properly previously or reminents of files still exist.

I've uninstalled ALL adobe programs and deleted all the files but I'm still getting the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tyr removing the registry entries specified in the kb article below and then see if the installation works:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/826/cpsid_82673.html

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 27, 2010 Jul 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread over on the Adobe Reader forum that looks like it may be helpful...particularly post #5.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/393099

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is with the Microsoft Installer files (MSI). Try installing the Visual Studio C++ 2008 distributor and service pack 1 from the Microsoft Website and run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im installing on a brand new hard drive brand new operating system and getting the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines