• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to disable Network Monitor in Flash Builder 4 Standard

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2010 Jun 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the Network Monitor is enabled for my Flash Builder project. Perhaps it was enabled when I was running the FB4 Beta 2 version. Now I need to disable the Network Monitor, but of course, since I'm using FB4 Standard the Network Monitor view says I need to purchase FB4 Premium.

All my app traffic is redirecting to localhost:37813 so I know the network monitor is still enabled. Can anyone tell me how to disable Network Monitor in FB4 Standard?

Thanks,

David    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the same issue as David.

All my traffic (HTTP request) goes through port 37813 in debug or even normal mode. Strange thing is that sometimes it works immediately sometimes it takes a long time before it succeeds in opening the connection and getting an answer from my WS.

Does anyone know how to switch off the network monitor or how to make it working with Firefox or Safari (open the port ?)

Thanks,

Thierry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thierry,

I finally figured it out. In Flash Builder close your project. Then in the file system go and directly edit the .actionScriptProperties file. In the main <actionScriptProperties tag edit the includeNetmonSwc="true" flag to be includeNetmonSwc="false" instead. That will stop including the network monitor library in your code and should turn monitoring off.

That setting is controlled by the network monitor tab, but that tab is only visible with the premium version of Flash Builder so it seems once your trial version times out you can never disable it via the GUI, just via the .actionScriptProperties file.

Now reopen your project after saving the changes to .actionScriptProperties and you should be good to go.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Please file a bug for this issue in Jira http://bugs.adobe.com/flex

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot David, it will really save me a lot of time.

To complete your solution for other readers, the .actionScriptProperties file is in your project folder in the hidden file.

After changing the option, empty your cache and rebuild your project completely (change something).

Kishan, I guess people using the network manager in combination with Safari or Firefox on a local dev environment will not be satisfied with this solution. Any idea how to deblock this port ?

Thierry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines