• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Project File

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Robohelp 8 creating a variety of projects (html webhelp etc.) in Windows Vista.

I opened Robohelp today, selected my most current project (wip) and a blank screen came up.

(The files exist on my hard drive, however, the project file returns a blank screen.)

I tried to open the project file using File/Open and got the same results.

I tried to open a few other previously completed RH8 projects, with the same results.

Is there someway to 're-create' the project file or do I have to import all the html files and images?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long did you leave that blank screen showing?

Try the sample projects as well.

You will find the samples at

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\Samples\en_US

or

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML\Samples\en_US

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked both samples and neither exist in my Adobe directory.

And I left the blank screen up around 30 seconds (for the project I was currently working on) and only a few seconds for some of the 'older' projects I had worked on.

Noreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If those two projects are not there, that is a clue to your problem, they are installed by default.

Also try letting it run for longer than 30 seconds.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just 're-installed' Robohelp 8 (where we chose the 'fix' option - to fix any installation and/or corrupt files).

Robohelp does not install into an Adobe directory.

It installs on my c drive into Program Files (x86)/Robohelp Office.

I have two subdirectories - one is Robohelp and one is RoboHTML. Although both of these directories have a sub-directory called Samples, only one of them has an xpj file - (RoboHELP), called applicationhelp.xpj. However, when I try to open it, I get a message that it was created with an older version of Robohelp.

I tried to upgrade that project, but got a message that the open project was cancelled or the application was unable to load the database for.....

I did try to let the open window hang for a while, but that didn't seem to make a difference either.

Thanks,

Noreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default RH installs to

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 8

or

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 8 (if you have the Technical Communication Suite)

and if you do not have the samples wherever you have installed, the install/repair has somehow failed.

I would uninstall (maybe using RevoUninstaller which has had good reports here) and reinstall to the default path.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2010 Jul 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I can't thank you enough for all your advice, it's been invaluable.

I did uninstall my Robohelp 8, clear the registry, and then reinstall it.

It installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp8. I found the two sample files and when I tried to open each one, I got a msg that "Open Project was cancelled or the application was unable to load database for" the name of the sample.

I'm having a look round your website now....

Noreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's with the (x86) in the path?

Also are you sure that you or the person installing had local admin rights when they installed?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to check with the 'admin' person - he's not in today about the admin rights. I think I did (he told me to just reinstall yesterday) - but I'll check and make sure.

The x86 has something to do with the setup of my machine. You have to forgive me, I'm not that technical - I think my machine is 64 bit (while most machines are 32 bit?) - again, I'll run this down on Monday when the admin guy is back.

Thanks again for all your help, Peter. Have a good weekend.

Noreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Indeed that is what the deal is. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit anbd RoboHelp installed to the X86 folder for me as well.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick. So that is OK and we'll see what Monday brings. My guess is admin rights are the issue.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp