Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy NTLM authentication

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2010 Mar 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cant access remote machines (outside of my network) via RDS due to my companies proxy requiring NTLM authentication.

I have spoken to our companies Tech team, they say the problem is they require NTLM authentication on the proxy and it appears that CFBuilder is not sending it in this secure way.

The error i recieve is as follows:

"Unable to contact the RDS Server #DOMAIN_NAME.COM#
Error executing RDS command. Status Code : 407 , Reason : Proxy
Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to
fulfil the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied. )"

I have googled the problem and found the following in a eclipse wiki - http://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF_Filetransfer_Support_for_NTLMv2_Proxies

I have tried this but with no change to the situation.

I would really really really appreciate any help anyone can offer, i feel so close to breaking through the switch to CFBuilder but think this may be a stumbling point.

Cheers

Ben

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2010 Mar 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone got any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem even with my server lying in the same trusted domain

prefs->general-> network

proxy bypass  *.mydomain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Anyone help me out with this one?

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you expect here.  CFB doesn't support NTLM authentication.  The End.

You've raised a bug (good!  I've voted for it), and until Adobe implement it, CFB will continue to not support NTLM authentication.

What do you need the RDS connection for?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry i didnt realised it hadnt been fixed i thought it would have been by now.

Im using RDS to navigate all my files on my remote development server. Appears to be the fastest option)

It was working until i upgraded eclipse to 3.6

No idea what i did to get it working before, just remember spending Hours fiddling (very much wishing id made notes, but i think the reason i didnt make notes was because i got it working but not sure how 🙂

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Urghhhhhhh,

Ok I have managed to get RDS working with my NTLM Proxy (and like i thought there is no real answer other than just fiddle fiddle fiddle).

Not sure what actually fixed the problem but i know what the last thing i tried was.

That was to Remove the RDS config that was saved from the old eclipse 3.5.2 and redo it, after a restart of eclipse (with cfbuilder plugin) the RDS connection jumped to life.

The settings under "window > preferences > general > networkconnections" were:

Active Provider = Direct

I tried the ammendment to the eclipse.ini file (http://le-moulin-de-verre.com/fieldnotes/?p=103) - This didnt appear to work.

I tried installing the old eclipse hack for RDS (the way it was done in the old days) - http://www.coldfusionjedi.com/index.cfm/2006/7/6/Getting-the-RDS-extensions-for-CFEclipse

These things didnt seem to work

Not sure that any of these would help anyone in the future with NTLM as i appear to be bypassing security.

Either way it works for me

PS after any changes ar emade i recomend restarting eclipse (for peace of mind :-))

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation