• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessing ColdFusion API via .NET

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2010 Jul 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for cPanel and we are trying figure out a way to support ColdFusion via our own .NET code.  i.e., we would like to be able to call into the API to as part of creating a website to enable or disable a given user as well as configure their options relating to security.  All of our code is in C++/CLI and C#, and most likely needs to stay that way.

In short, can I access ColdFusion via my C# code?

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2010 Jul 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Options:

1. Create ColdFusion based web services

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/Developing/WSfd7453be0f56bba4-27c63377122e3f5e296-8000.html

2. If you have existing pages that take HTML form data via HTTP posts to make the API changes you want, just post to those pages from your .NET application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally speaking the way to talk to a CF application from .NET is webservices.

With what I know about cPanel I presume that you specifically want to talk to Admin API: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/Admin/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbf364104-7fcf.html

The Admin API offers access to all the ColdFusion administration functionality and is a stable API. Even if the internals of ColdFusion change, Adobe will try to keep the API the same. The problem you will have is accessing this API from .NET. All the methods in the API are exposed as "public" methods allowing them to be accessed from CF, but not as "remote" methods, allowing access through the webservices. So what you probably need to do is write a small wrapper class to extend the existing CFCs in the administrator and makes them accessible through webservices and then invoke this wrapper from .NET.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help. I have done additional research in this area and feel your suggestion is the best, and perhaps the only, way to do what we need.

Sincerely,

Jeff Armstrong

cPanel, Inc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation