• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upper limit on file size?

New Here ,
May 05, 2006 May 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently imported several old Forehelp files into Robohelp X5.0.1 for Word. The smaller files (<100 pages) work fine.

The larger files (between 200 and 1500 pages) give me an error message that says "Robohelp is unable to start Microsoft Word" The rtf file of the project comes up in regular Word, complete with jumps. When I compile and run the help application, the help file works fine. However, since the rft is in regular word, I can't make any changes to my jumps, images ect...

The largest file (1900 pages) gives me the same error message. Additionally, when I compile and run, I am told that the individual topics do not exist.

The computer I'm running is pretty maxed out - HP/Compaq Small Form Factor, 2GB ram, 3.4 MHz/800 MHz FSB - I can't imagine I need more juice to run the larger files. Any ideas how I can get things running smoothly?

Thanks in advance

Will

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I realise your issue is with importing but perhaps this will help as it is the same error message. Click here.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Have you tried splitting one of the larger files into smaller sections and importing those?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thank you for your welcome and quick reply. Unfortunately, removing the PDFMaker.dot did not seem to make any difference.

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp