• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4 - The selcted wizard could not be started - FlexApolloProjectWizard

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a brand new eclipse installation. I downloaded the eclipse-jee-galileo-SR2-win32.zip from the eclipse website. And I downloaed the FlashBuilder_4_Plugin_LS10.exe from the Adobe Website.

After unzipping the eclipse to d:\devide\eclipse35 and installing the Flash Builder into d:\devide\FlashBuilder4Plugin with the option to integrate it into the existing eclipse installation, it finished with no errors.

Having Java 1.5 and FlashPlayer 10 installed I get this error here when I try to create a new FlexProject

error.JPG

I also tried to install the Standalone version of the Flash Builder 4. I get the same error there.

Also copying a working installation (Eclipse Folder and Flash Builder 4 Folder) from a computer where it works, I get the same error on my machine.

Do I have to install AIR? Upgrade the FlashPlayer or what? I really dont know what else to try. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you for any help.

Carsten

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the full log after starting Eclipse and trying to create a new flash project: http://pastebin.com/PTNqMfPU

I DON\T HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION on the PC where the error occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check if this path exists on your system D:\devide\FlexBuilder4Plugin\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flexide.amt_4.0.0.272416\os\win32\x86\amt_win_jnilib.dll?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks for your anwser. I am trying to get hold on an Adobe engineer for over 2 weeks now. Non available on the phone. Whatever.

I have that file in place. It is 26KB big and in the directory you pointed to.

But I still get the error. Btw, we did a reinstall with local admin rights, the path is not FlashBuilder4Plugin. But still not working. And AIR 2.0 is not installed yet. The admins are still cheking if it is ok to install.

Here is the screenshot

temp_screen_path.JPG

The file on the laptop, where the FlashBuilder4Plugin installation works is slightly bigger. Its around 31kb. Both systems are WindowsXP.

I try to copy the file from the laptop use that one on the PC. Maybe that helps. More on that later.

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with the other file from the laptop I can't start the wizard.

temp_screen_path.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carsten,

The error log you linked to earlier suggests that some fundamental Adobe libraries are not getting installed properly on that machine. If you look in your tmp folder on that machine, you should find some log files named amt3.log and oobelib.log.

Those logs should contain good clues as to exactly what's wrong, so if you can zip them and attach them here, I'll take a close look at them.

Thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2010 Aug 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Did your problem resolve? I am having a similar issue.

However, I don't appear to have either of those files.  I do have an "amt.log" file, but it seems to contain mostly information about Photoshop CS4.  It does not contain the words "Flex", "Flash" or "Builder".  There are no "o*.lib" files that come up in search on the computer.  Is there something else I can look for?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

have you installed the lastest version of Adobe AIR?

It seems that Adobe AIR 1.5 is not hogh enough to get the registration wizard working.

Try installing that. I can't do it by myself here because of y closed system and I have to wait for the admin to get AIR 2.0 approved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes these symptoms indicate that core libraries were not installed successfully. Without needing to uninstall/reinstall FB4 Plug-in, you can try re-installing the core libraries on their own:

Under your install path

c:\Program Files\Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plug-in (or wherever you installed it), look for this sub-installer:

\install.support\AdobeFlashBuilderPluginSTIWrapperWin\Set-up.exe

If you run that installer, does it help?

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2010 Sep 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Agruss,

sorry for the late answer.

I am still waiting for our IT Guys to get the Software installed on my computer. And then test it if it works with Adobe AIR 2.0

I tried it. But I need admin rights to do it. So I can't do it by myself. I will get an Admin here to do it.

thanks for the advice with this Installer.

Will let you know afterwards if it worked or not.

greetings

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys! - WE SOLVED IT!

We upgraded the Adobe AIR to 2.0.x and we installed the "FlashBuilder4Plugin\install.support\AdobeFlashBuilderPluginSTIWrapperWin" stuff.

After that I deleted the eclipse directory and the FlashBuilder Directory, because it was not working as a Plugin. Think we messed something up during all these different installation tries. So unzipped Eclipse Galileo and installed FlashBuilder4Plugin again and now it is working!

Nice.

Thank you for your help.

Carsten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that Carsten - thanks for persevering.

Please mark this thread as "Answered' when you have a minute.

Thanks,

-Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines